CHAPTER 1 - LUNA

Luna entered the fraternity hall, her heart pouding with excitement and a slight hint of anxiety. The room was illuminated by a soft light, highlighting the festive atmosphere filled with excited students. Upbeat music emanated from the speakers, echoing through the hall and filling the air with a contagious vibe.

Next to her, Blake walked confidently, guiding her through the crowd of people. The crowd moved around them, like a sea of unfamiliar faces and lively conversations. Luna felt small and a bit lost as she tried to absorb all the energy and find her place at the party.

The hall was decorated with colorful balloons and banners displaying the fraternity's name.You could see posters—not very well done—of a band called High Voltage. The posters featured images of the band members in relaxed poses, holding musical instruments.

Tables spread throughout the space held snacks and drinks—more drinks than snacks, and a variety of beverages. The music was loud, enveloping everyone in a party atmosphere.

Luna observed a group of four people on the stage from afar. She figured it must be the band that was going to perform—they were getting ready. The members adjusted their instruments, checking microphones, tuning guitars and fine-tuned the drums. The sound equipment was set up, ready to bring the beats and melodies to life.

"Have you heard of them?" Luna asked, pointing towards the stage.

"Just what people around campus have been saying," Blake replied. "They say they're going to be the new generation of infamous pop-punk," he continued.

Luna raised an eyebrow, giving a slight smile. "Are they local?"

"It seems like the lead singer studies here," Blake said, sounding uninterested.

The sound of his words made Luna smile slightly, pleased to know that she would have a band like that nearby.

A pleasant nervousness ran through Luna's body as she realized that the long-awaited moment was approaching. She and Blake approached the stage, finding a strategic spot to watch the show.

Luna got her eyes on the stage, her heart beating fast. The band was about to start, and the anticipation in the air was palpable. The hall filled with an excited murmur.

The stage lights dimmed as the music came to a stop, announcing the band's imminent entrance. Tension spread through the crowd, creating an almost tangible anticipation. The first chords of the guitar echoed in the hall, followed by a pulsating beat from the drums.

A wave of energy ran through Luna's body as the vocalist's voice filled the space. The vibrant chords, captivating melody, and contagious energy of the music filled her senses, completely enveloping her.

"The music is so good," Luna said. "Is it their own?"

"They said they were going to sing the new song for the first time today, maybe this is it," replied a blonde girl who was far from sober. Luna could smell her alcohol-laden breath from six feet away.

At that moment, Luna let herself be carried away by the music, leaving behind any feelings of being lost or wanting to be alone. She surrendered to the rhythm, dancing and singing along with the crowd, feeling part of something bigger. The party was just beginning, and Luna was ready to make the most of this new college journey. She was determined that this year would be different from all her life.

The band seemed to be in heaven. They appeared to be having more fun than ever. The four on stage knew exactly what they were doing. The drummer made funny faces while hitting his drums with all his might. It was evident that they were enjoying themselves.

Beside her, her best friend was dancing with a girl. It was clear that she was eager to be with him. Blake didn't seem to mind—quite the opposite, he seemed to be enjoying it. His smile stretched from ear to ear, and his body movements were directed toward her. Their skin harmonized with the ambient light, making them shine and drawing attention to them.