CHAPTER 7 - LUNA

On the way, they saw Hunter and Blake together. They were talking and laughing, completely relaxed. Luna hadn't seen Blake laugh like that in a while.

Hunter was in his hoodie, just like the day she first saw him playing. His blonde hair was slightly messy. Blake, on the other hand, was in a white shirt and jeans, his usual attire.

Luna found it strange that Blake was in Santa Monica, but even stranger that he was hanging out with Hunter, whom he barely knew. The camaraderie between them was evident, laughing and smiling as if they were long-time friends. Blake's posture showed he was comfortable being around Hunter.

"Blake!" Luna shouted, getting the boys' attention.

Both looked in her direction, and Luna noticed that Blake seemed a bit embarrassed. His demeanor changed completely; he put his hands in his pockets after giving a wave, greeting them. Luna and Callum approached.

"What are you doing here?" she asked.

"I'm accompanying my class on a case. It was all so rushed I couldn't let you know," he replied.

Luna still stared at him, feeling there was more to be said.

"And how did you guys meet? How did you know we were here?" Callum inquired this time.

"I had filled him in on the news," Hunter said. "Also told him that if he could, he should show up here to see us play."

Hunter seemed uneasy, different from how he was at the party. He couldn't stop scratching his head and looking around.

"And how's the hotel? Is it good?" Callum asked.

"It's..." Hunter stammered. "Yeah, yeah. The bed is amazing. You've got to try it, man. Feels like I'm on cloud nine. It's so soft." His expression changed instantly.

"Come on, people, get out of there and come get ready. We're about to start," Dylan emerged behind them, catching everyone's attention.

For a moment, Luna had forgotten the real reason they were there. The show.

Seeing Luna, Dylan opened a smile and winked at her. Luna felt her face flush.

Hunter and Callum hurriedly moved away, leaving Luna and Blake behind. She found humor in the awkward and cute way the two ran. Hunter still casted glances back.

Luna and Blake followed more slowly, keeping the pace to secure a good spot when the show started.

"Let's go, guys! It's time to make history!" Hunter encouraged, excited.

Dylan and Callum were already tuning their instruments, Hunter was preparing at the drums, Zack adjusted the microphone stand, and Shay finished arranging the keyboard. Two minutes left for their set to begin. People were gathering to see them. Most were in swimsuits, observing everything. It seemed they were used to this kind of event.

Luna exchanged a quick glance with Blake. His unexpected presence brought a good feeling.

"Are we ready to rock?" Hunter asked, looking at each band member.

"Always ready!" Dylan replied, adjusting his guitar strap.

"Let's do this!" Zack exclaimed, a mix of confidence and nervousness in his expression.

The audience, eager, awaited the start of the show. The sound of conversations and laughter mixed with anticipation. Luna knew they would exceed expectations; she had seen them play before and was eagerly anticipating seeing it again.

"One, two, three." Hunter hit the drumsticks as he counted for them to start.

And then, the first chords echoed through the pier, filling the air with the exciting beat of the music. Zack was a very good and charismatic vocalist; his powerful voice echoed, while Hunter and Callum guided the melody skillfully. Hunter kept a tight grip on the music, while Shay, with her striking presence, added unique sonic nuances, playing with some notes and producing distinct sounds that injected emotion into the music.