CHAPTER 6 - CALLUM

Callum was restless, pacing back and forth in the dorm hallway. He checked the clock once again: 6:55 PM. Anxiety increased with every passing minute, and impatience reflected on his face. He couldn't understand why Luna was taking so long.

While waiting, Callum mentally reviewed the plans for the trip. The other band members were already ready, and the van awaited them outside. The flight to Los Angeles was scheduled for 9:00 PM, and they needed to leave on time to avoid traffic delays.

Exactly at 7:00 PM, Callum lightly knocked on Luna's door.

"Luna, we're almost ready, just waiting for you. We need to go."

There was no immediate response. Callum began to get more worried. He wondered if something had happened or if Luna had changed her mind at the last minute. Taking a deep breath, he knocked again.

"Luna, is everything okay in there?"

The door opened slowly, and Luna appeared in the doorway, looking hesitant. She was casually dressed—for the first time he saw her in jeans, unlike the white all-star that was still on her feet—yet her eyes showed a mix of nervousness and excitement.

"Sorry for the delay, Callum. I was making sure I hadn't forgotten anything."

Callum sighed in relief at seeing her ready for the trip. He didn't want to start the journey with delays; his career—his life—depended on it. However, Luna's presence momentarily dispelled his concerns.

"No problem; we just need to leave soon. Everyone is waiting."

"There's just one thing." She looked at him with arched eyebrows and a smile that wasn't a smile.

Callum couldn't imagine what it could be. He didn't want to even think about it. He looked at her, waiting for her to continue.

"Hello, my love," Tracy said behind Luna. "I am the 'thing.' I hope you don't mind; I'm joining you." She opened a wide ear-to-ear smile.

Tracy walked past Luna and gave Callum a kiss on the cheek. He didn't even have time to react; she was already on her way to the van.

"Sorry," Luna said. "She insisted a lot, and I didn't know what to do."

"It's okay," Callum resigned.

"Where's Dylan? Why did you come to get me here?" Luna asked curiously.

"He's our driver. He's keeping the engine running, and I was assigned to safely take you to the corner where our van is." He smiled.

Luna nodded with a smile and closed the door behind her. Callum took the suitcase from Luna's hand, and the two walked together down the hallway toward the dormitory exit. Callum could feel the tension easing as they moved out of the building.

When they reached the van, the other band members looked at them with expectation. Dylan smiled as he finally saw Luna joining the group.

"Luna, ready for the adventure?"

"Yes, sorry for the delay," she said, giving Tracy a disapproving look.

"No problem!" Zack said. "The more, the merrier," Shay added.

Dylan nodded, indicating that it wasn't an issue. They got into the van, and Callum sat next to Luna. The initial tension was dissipating, and the excitement for the journey that would unfold in the coming days took over everyone.

As the van left the campus and headed toward the airport, Callum looked at Luna beside him. He realized that, despite the initial delay, he couldn't stay mad at her.