- chapter one - ( flashback )

- this is a flashback to around maybe 4-5 years ago when they were 9-10

hopefully u enjoy loll

______________________________________________________________________

i was sitting down on the bench at the soccer field slightly kicking my ball with my bright pink cleats. my dad told me that he invited one of his friends and his son to come play with us so i was waiting for them to arrive since i had already warmed up and stretched.

me and my dad come to the field every single day even when i don't usually have a scheduled practice because he thinks that laying down and being an actual kid won't get me anywhere. he's very hard on me but i understand because he just wants me to be the best i can and i believe that i will become the best that i can.

i'm snapped out of my thought by my father's voice calling me over, i get up and slightly jog to where he's at, following with two other people, a man and a younger boy who i'm guessing are my dad's friend and his son.

i slow down as i approach them, i say hi quietly and look down at my cleats. i wasn't the very best at communicating with people outside of my teammates and family since i'm usually only ever at the field with my dad. he says real friends are a waste of time and i have better things to do, like training.

i look up from the turf as my father's voice begins to talk.

"well don't be rude, introduce yourself." he nudges my arm a bit. i'm a bit confused because he's always told me not to make any friends, so what's so different about now?

"sorry. i'm kassidy but you can call me kass." i say giving and awkward smile and making eye contact with a boy with blonde curls. he's slightly shorter than me but that's none of my worries.

"hey, i'm walker its nice to meet you." the blonde boy smiles back at me holding out his hand that isn't occupied since he's holding his cleats.

"yea you too." i give a proper smile and shake his hand back.

 a couple hours later we finish playing a few 1v1 rounds and now me and walker are just running around together laughing

a couple hours later we finish playing a few 1v1 rounds and now me and walker are just running around together laughing. i actually felt like a kid, i felt happy. it was getting dark outside and the sun was setting, giving off a nice pink and purple-ish sunset. we sit down on the turf, exhausted from all the running.

"hey kass look." walker pointed to the sky before speaking again but turning to my cleats instead.

"the sky looks like the color of your cleats." he said laughing while looking up from the ground and at me.

"yea you're right." i laugh along with him, looking right back at him.

i dont really know what's going on but were just staring at each other and it's like everything else in the world is gone. i think i'm too young to understand but i feel somewhat nervous..? he has really pretty eyes, they're blue. they remind me of the ocean.

"you know, you have super pre-" i began to speak before getting cut off by my father yelling my name.

"kassidy let's go, you have a game tomorrow." my father shouted while gathering all our training things and started heading towards the car.

i get up quickly, patting my shorts down to make sure there isn't any turf on them. i stick my hand out to help walker up from the ground and begin to walk away to my car.

"hey kass, wait!" walker speaks up

i turn around a little impatient because i know my dad doesn't like to wait for a long time. especially if we have things to do.

"yes walker?"

"where's your game going to be at?"

"it should be here, why?"

"ok, ill be there. pinky promise" he sticks out his pinky finger will looking at me

"you better be." i interlinked our pinkies before letting go as i hear my dad's voice call for me again. i start to jog my way to the car so my dad won't get anymore upset.

i hear a voice yell bye as i'm running and i wave while yelling goodbye, as i assumed it was walker. i finally get to the car and hop into the back seat as my dad closes the trunk.

___________________________

"kassidy, you know walker is not your friend right."

"what.. he is tho." i say slightly confused as i buckle my seatbelt.

"kassidy. you know friends are no good for you, you have bigger and better things to do. friends aren't worth it they just leave and ruin your life."

"but-" i try to speak before he interrupted.

"there are no buts kassidy. how many times are we going to go over this, you will not have friends under zero circumstances. you have all you need right here." he raises his voice while pointing at the soccer field in front of us.

i sigh in response and rest my head on the window.

"you know i only want what's best for you kass." he says, his tone much softer as he begins to drive off.

"i know." i reply quietly as a tear rolls down my cheek. maybe my dad was right about walker..

 maybe my dad was right about walker

_______________

hey hey!! well that's the end of chapter one. not that interesting but hopefully i can find ideas to make it more interesting of course this was just a flashback. i'm most likely going to make some of chapter two a flashback, only a little bit hopefully i won't get carried away loll.

hopefully some ideas come into my mind for the rest of the book, so its not lame.

don't forget to vote and comment!

i apologize for this chapter being short but i will def try and make the other chapters longer.

have a good day/night.