- chapter four -

_______________________________________________________________

walker asked me to hangout at his house around 6. he sent me his address and he was pretty close so i decided i would just walk there once it comes to that time. i have to go tell my dad though.

of course he can't know that it's walker so, i'll tell him it's scarlett or something. i walk down the stairs to my kitchen where my dad is sitting at the island eating shrimp fried rice. i steal one of his shrimp as i sit down next to him.

"hey dad can i go to my friend's house. we have a project to get done, i don't think i'll sleep over."

"mm, who is this friend?"

"it's scarlett." i lie while swallowing the leftover shrimp in my mouth.

"what time are you leaving, i'll drop you off."

"around 6 but it's ok, her mom is coming to pick me up." i lie once again. i mean hey, strict parents raise a strict daughter. it's not my fault.

"ok then, be safe. and dont come home before 12."

"yes! ok thank you thank you." i get up and head back upstairs to get ready. i dont know why but i feel as if i need to make an impression. what if his family is there, ive only ever met his dad which was like 6 years ago.

i wonder what walker looks like in person now, is he taller than me, does he have sibilings, will they like me, does he think im pretty? wait why does it even matter what he thinks of me, we're just friends. or at least we were friends.

i shrug away all my thoughts and pick out an outfit and head to my bathroom to go shower. i plug in my speaker and connect my phone putting on my playlist which includes ,

- drake

- jcole

- alicia keys

- taylor swift

- brent faiyaz

- frank ocean

and many more artist. (idk what you guys listen to , so whatever you choose to listen to is up to you loll. ive seen many stories where the main character listens to olivia rodrigo and taylor swift but i dont really listen to them so i js put varieties.)

)