chapter sixteen

kassidys house/party

10pm

it's now been about four hours into the party and my mother has yet to show. it ends at 11:45 so there's still some time left, but honestly i'm losing all my hope she'll come. i knew it was stupid to even think so. 

i'm pretty sure dior and them, plus elora and scarlett are sleeping over at my house for about three days or so because they want to go to my softball game on tuesday. (btw guys it's saturday rn) 

some people have left but there's still a lot of people here. i was currently sitting on my couch with everyone (dior, aryan and them) and we were just talking, well they were mainly talking. 

we've taken like thousands of photos, but i'll post some of them probably tmr morning because by the end of the night i'm sure i'll be knocked out and to be honest right now i have no idea where my phone is at, i'm pretty sure i gave it to leah. maybe.. 

i feel a tap on my shoulder and turn my head to see who it is. i would've never guessed. 

"hey kassidy, do you mind if i talk to you?" sophie ask while tapping her foot like she was getting impatient or something.

"yea sure." 

we both just stare at each other, blinking awkwardly. 

"in privet." 

"oh okay." i say getting up from the couch and following her outside to the backyard. there's like fifteen people back here, some playing games, some talking, some watching a movie on the projector. everyone's just minding their business i guess.

"so what did you want to talk about?" i question rocking back and forth on my feet awkwardly. 

"look i just wanted to apologize, i feel like we got off on the wrong foot and i want to be friends" 

i just stare at her, sort of confused because i can't tell whether she's being serious or not. i don't have a very good feeling, but i brush it off. 

"umm kassidy.." she waves her hand in front of my face snapping me out of my thoughts.

"are you serious?" 

"uh yeah, why wouldn't i be."

"sophie after everything you've said and done, literally getting me injured you want to just be friends."

"um yes..?"

"i'm sorry but it's gonna take some time for us to get to the "friend" stage, i mean we can start talking more but idk." 

"ok whatever." she rolls her eyes and walks past me, going back inside. 

that was weird, i mean i feel like i had a valid response. just because i'm nice doesn't mean i'm going to automatically forgive you, especially after pulling stupid shit like what she did but whatever.