- chapter five -

_____________________________________________________________________

walker and i were sitting on his couch watching princess and the frog, while eating oreos. he wasn't paying much attention to the movie. he was on his phone texting someone. i was a little curious who but i just turned my attention back to the movie since i didn't want to invade his privacy.

"omg walker look, i can't believe ray died. he deserved better for real but him and evangeline are four lifers." i smile at the scene of ray becoming and star with evangeline.

"huh" he says with a bit of a confused expression, finally looking up from his phone.

"ray. from the movie." i look at him while pointing to the tv.

"oh right." he replies dryer than ever.

he looked right back down at his phone going back to texting whoever. i frown a bit, turning back to the tv, slightly looking down while playing with the strings from my hoodie.

why would he even invite me here if he's not gonna talk to me. his dad probably forced him to or something because it really seems like he doesn't even want me here. maybe i should leave, whoever he's texting is clearly more important.

i snap out of my thoughts by footsteps behind us.

"oh my, kassidy is that you?" a deep voice questions from behind the couch.

i look up and turn my head back to see who it was since i didn't recognize the voice that much.

"mr scobell!" i smile while getting up, walking towards him.

he brings me into a hug. i tense a bit at the sudden touch but relax, hugging him back.

he lets go and i back up, putting some space between us so we aren't that close, obviously. that would be kind of weird.

"you've gotten so big, how are you doing??" he questions before calling for two people named leena and tucker. those are probably walker's sibilings.

speaking of walker he's still on the couch. on his phone, still texting someone. he shot a few glances at me and his dad but just returned back to doing whatever he's doing.

"im doing great, thank you."

"that's awesome. look i want you to meet my other kids, leena and tanner."

i look at them and i can definitely tell that they're walker's siblings. same blonde hair and everything, although their hair is a bit straighter.

"hi, i'm kassidy!" i give them a small wave.

"hey." tanner replies before going into the kitchen. im guessing to get a snack

"oh my gosh, are you kassidy wright!?!" the blonde girl ask, while walking closer to me and her father.