4| Big bad wolf Derek Hale needs my help?

I stare at the purple energy blast in the palm of my hand. I quickly close my hand when I hear footsteps coming up the stairs. I go back to my homework when my door swings open.

"Ever heard of knocking?" I look over at Scott. "It's rather rude to walk into a girls room without knocking. What if I was naked and you walked in?"

"Ew. Why would you say that?"

"Why would you walk in without knocking?"

He sits on my bed.

"Get off with your dirty clothes."

I throw my pencil at him. He gets off and paces back and forth. He seems really nervous. I think it's because of his 'date' with Allison. Well, it's kind of a date. He's bringing her to Lydia's party tomorrow.

I still get the sense something is off about him. I tilt my head to try and get a better read but he interrupts my thoughts.

"What should I wear?"

"Clothes?"

"What do the douches you go out with wear?"

"Clothes." I snap. "Get out I'm doing homework."

I get up and push him out of my room. I close the door and lock it.

"I need help, Liv."

"I'm doing homework."

He stomps away and I head back to my desk. I grab my phone, scrolling through my texts and click on Allison's name.

Me: I can't believe you agreed to go on a date with my brother

I set it down and get back to my homework when my phone beeps. I grab it, excepting to see Allison's response but instead its from a number I don't have saved.

Unknown Number: Meet me in the preserve in ten

Me: Who the fuck is this?

Unknown Number: Just do it

Against my better judgement I throw a portal and walk through it. I walk and walk, not really knowing where exactly I'm supposed to meet this mystery person.

"Olivia."

I turn around and look at the absolute last person I was expecting to see.

"Derek Hale.. you're back." I say. "You look pale. You should probably get out in the sun more."

There's one thing that the people of Beacon Hills doesn't know about the Hale's that I do. Most of them were werewolves, including the one standing in front of me.

Most werewolf packs have a witch as a sort of adversary. Along with others who acted more like advisors. Coincidentally I was supposed to be the Hale's.

I was only ten when I was chosen. I learned a lot from Talia about mythical creatures that roam this Earth. With the help of Arcanna, the Hale's old witch adversary I learned what that title really meant.

When the Hale fire happened, Derek and Laura fled Beacon Hills because of hunters coming after them. Stephen helped them with refuge in New York where they've been the past six years.

"I need your help."

"Big bad wolf Derek Hale needs my help?"

"Laura's dead."

"What? Don't joke about that."

"Why would I joke about that?"

I look at him and realize he isn't joking. Laura is dead. Derek and Laura had a close bond. And I mean I get it. They were the only living Hale's besides Peter Hale that's been in a coma state.

"How?"

"That's why I need your help."

I cross my arms.

"Laura loved you, Olivia, please.."

I slowly nod.

"Fine. I'll help you."

I walk away.

"There's one thing though.. your brother."

I turn around confused.

"What about him?"

"The Alpha who killed my sister turned your brother into one of us."

The gears start turning in my head. Of fucking course. That's why something felt off.

"Oh my God.." I whisper. "I'm gonna fucking kill him."

I throw a portal, running through it. I walk out of my room and look around.

"Scott!" I hear nothing. "I'm going to put ants in your bed again if you don't fucking respond!"

I walk around the whole house but he's not here.