25| We hunt those who hunt us

"You know Lydia is mad that you didn't tell her that you're dating Stiles."

"Boo hoo." I roll my eyes. "She'll be fine."

I bump into Allison who stops walking. I look to where she's looking. Erica is standing in front of Scott with her hands on the lockers behind him.

"You know ever since she's become a werewolf she's been a real bitch."

"Yeah.."

She walks away as I follow. My phone starts ringing.

"I'll meet you in the lunchroom in a couple minutes."

I answer the call.

"Hey, what's up?"

Davina doesn't say anything. I look at my phone to make sure the call didn't end. After what happened with the Blackthorn witches I made sure she texted me everyday to make sure she's fine. That or having Kol text me.

"Davina?" The call ends. "What the hell?"

I put my phone in my pocket and start walking to the lunchroom when Stiles and Scott grab my arms.

"What now?"

"We're going to find Boyd."

"Why?"

"He's the next beta."

I roll my eyes. This is not how I want to spend my day.

"Can we take the day off for once?"

"You're literally the protector of this planet."

"Universe actually." I snap. "Get it right.."

"And possible destroyer."

I glare at Stiles.

"That wasn't helpful."

"Sorry.."

"Whatever. You two need to find him. I'm going to the rink. Text me updates."

I walk with Stiles to his Jeep. He opens the door for me. I hide my smile. He drives to Boyd's. I look around the house to see if I can see inside while Stiles bangs on the front door.

"This is ridiculous.."

I sound like a crazy person talking to myself. Which in all honesty a lot of people talk to themselves. And there's no way every single one of them are crazy. I feel like it's a pretty normal thing.

I realize the banging stops. I walk around to the front of the house to see Erica standing over Stiles unconscious body.

"I had the worst crush on him when we were younger but even then.. he only had eyes for you."

"I always liked you, Erica, I even defended you." I twist my hand. "But you've crossed a line."

I throw the energy blast at her. I grab Stiles, dragging his body towards the Jeep. She took a part from it and I have no fucking clue what it's for. I call a tow truck. I hover my hand over Stiles head.

"Wake."

He jolts up.

"What the hell.."

"Don't worry. Erica ran off. I already called the tow truck."

We both lean against the Jeep.

"You know this was the dumbest fucking idea. Derek is going to do what he wants. He's going to persuade these teenagers to get the bite and they're going to do it."

"I know."

I turn my head to see the tow truck turn the corner.

"Thank God."