33| You're going soft

"Again."

Ashley twists her hand as a red energy blast appears in her hand. I nod and she nervously throws it at me. I deflect it with ease, mainly because it wasn't as nearly fast as it could've been.

"Good.."

"Your face doesn't say that."

"My face is always like this."

I smile to ease her nervousness. We've been trying to train with her magic. It's very powerful considering she has no real ties to magic.

It's also only been a couple days of her being home. It was a lot for my mom to take in but once I lifted the spell that Strange had done, she didn't care, she just wanted her.

The house has really been crowded with four of us children. Lizzie offered to go stay with Derek but my mom refused to let her leave. She considers her part of the family now.

I look behind her at Stiles and Scott. I can already feel my nerves leave the moment Stiles gets near me. I smile as he wraps his arms around me.

"They do that a lot.."

I flip Scott off behind Stiles back. We break apart and I take a long look at his face. Having Ashley around has made me see things differently. I've gotten to tell her everything she's missed her whole life and how our lives aren't normal.

It showed me how much I really do love Stiles. It's even made me think about what would happen if I gave everything up for him. I'll need to become the tribrid to beat Ursula but who knows when that will be.

I've done digging at a cure. I can't live my whole eternity without Stiles. And I won't ask him to do something unthinkable for me.

"How's training going today?"

"I threw an energy blast!"

He walks towards Ashley, holding up his hand. She gives him a high five with a huge smile on her face.

She didn't have a good life growing up. She was never loved. And now she'll never have to deal with that life again.

"Nice job, kid!"

"That's enough training for today."

"C'mon!"

I shake my head. I throw portal and point to it. She looks at Scott for help but he holds his hands up in defeat.

"Lizzie is at home.. maybe she can go over some spells."

"Yes!"

She walks through the portal as it closes. I look at Scott. Ever since I told him everything he hasn't looked at me any differently. If anything he was upset I hadn't told him right away.

I had a harder time telling our mom than I did him. I was so scared that the one person who's always seen the good in me would turn on me. It's horrible. I really thought she'd see me as a monster but she still called me her daughter.

Scott also told her about him being a werewolf. It was a lot especially after the whole Ashley thing. I felt bad but I really did need to get it off of my chest.

"What now?"

I already know what Scott's talking about.

"We wait."

"Wait?" He says. "Your.. biological mother is starting a war."

"Just call her Ursula. She's not mother to me."

"That's not the point, Liv."

I shake my name. I really didn't want Scott involved because I don't want anything to happen to him.

"Scott.."

"No. Don't push me out. You're my sister, I'm not letting you do this alone."

"This is a literal fucking war we're talking about. It's like a war of the supernaturals. This woman wants to kill me for my magic. And you don't think she won't do anything to get it?"

"You're not doing this alone."

I look at Stiles and groan. He's human for one. He's the last person who really should even be involved.

"You need to realize you're not alone anymore." Scott says. "And now we have Ashley back. If Ursula will do anything then we need to protect her."

"I know.. which is why I'm trying to get a grip on her magic. She needs to be able to defend herself."

I put my hands on my hips and look at them. If I would've been asked a year ago that I'd be in this exact situation where my brother and I are close again and I'm dating his best friend, I would've laughed.

"I know I'm not alone, okay?" I say. "It's just.. I don't want anyone to get hurt on my behalf."

"You're going soft."

I glare at Scott.

"Shut up."

I roll my eyes as he walks over and hugs me. I push him away. I quickly throw a portal, pushing him through it.

I turn to Stiles who's shocked. I walk towards him and crash my lips onto his.