37| I'm not.. a Mikaelson

Two Weeks Later

"Klaus is your father whether you like it or not."

"He is no father to me."

"You are his daughter!"

"I am Melissa McCall's daughter!"

I stand and watch the scene before me. I look down at my hands and arms. Free of blood and marks. I look back up.

My mom smiles and pushes me on the swings. Right beside me is Scott, waiting his turn.

"Again!"

"It's my turn, mom!"

"Wait, sweetie."

I cross my arms. I look down at Scott. He's pouting like he normally does when things don't go his way.

"Olivia, it's your brother's turn."

My younger self groans before jumping off. Scott joyfully walks and gets on the swing. My mom starts pushing him and he laughs.

I feel a tug on my shirt. I look down to my younger self. So full of life.

"Why do you act this way?"

"Act what way?"

"Like the world is your enemy?"

I look at her confused. I look around and the whole scenery disappears. It's all empty. Nothing but just us.

"You're no hero.. you are a monster."

Hearing my own voice say that is almost taunting. It sounds innocent but it's not.

"Heroes don't kill people."

"Who said I'm a hero?"

"You want to be one.. but you're a Mikaelson."

"I'm not.. a Mikaelson."

"We'll see."

"Why is it that your mind takes you to that specific memory?"

I slowly open my eyes to the bright light above me. I can't move my body. It feels numb.

"It's one of the few times in my life.. where I felt normal."

A body appears in the corner of my eye. I look over to him. The man behind all of this. The constant injections in my neck, the hydro experiments, everything.

"You are nothing more than a monstrosity that plagues our planet." He says. "But.. you can help me."

"Fuck.. you."

"A bit feisty today now are we, Olivia?"

"I'm gonna fucking kill you when I get out."

"When?" He laughs. "That'll never happen under my watch."

He signals someone to walk over. They push me out of the room. I look at the ceiling lights as I pass by.

It's the first time in my life I've truly felt useless. I don't know what they're injecting me with but it puts me in a sort of trance where I can't use my magic.

I see the hydro tank and my stomach falls. Not this again. I hate this. I live all my worst memories in there.

"No.." I say. "No!"

Two guards unbuckle my restraints and drag me towards the tank. I try to fight against them but it's really no use. I have absolutely no energy.

One of them stabs me in the stomach with a blade. They put the mask on me so I can breathe before putting me in the tank.

I try to bang my hands against the tank but it does nothing. I start to lose vision of everything. I close my eyes to mask the burning from the water.

I open them to Wanda standing in front of me. We're in a field of roses.

"Where the hell am I?"

"A place between time and space."

"Why?"

"I can't let you die.. you're not ready yet."

My entire life I've always felt so in control of everything. I never once felt out of place. I never wanted to die. Not until now.

"You die and you become the Tribrid. Is that something you are really ready for?"

Every time I'm reminded of becoming the Tribrid, I'm reminded of a time where I will need to say goodbye to Stiles.

It's almost like she senses me thinking about him. He's a big reason I've stayed resilient for this long here.

"That boy is making you soft."

"What am I supposed to do? I love him."

"It's ruining your life, Olivia.. love makes you weak and they will use him against you."

"I can't.. I can't say goodbye to him."

"If you don't then you might as well say goodbye to the world. So.. are you willing to sacrifice one boy to save the universe?"

"You bring me here to interrogate me?"

"The fate of the world rests heavily on your shoulders. If you don't make the right decisions then you have already lost this war."

"I don't need another person to tell me what to do."

She nods.

"Just know that if you lose.. it's no one's fault but your own."

My body falls to the ground. The mask is pulled off of my face. I can't make out who is standing over me. I don't recognize them. I turn my head and see two figures running to me.

"Daddy.."

"I'm here."

I blink and see Klaus. I shake my head.

"You're.." I whisper. "Not my dad."

My dad kneels down and I don't think I've ever been more happy to see him.

"I'm here, baby."

I feel my body being picked up before losing consciousness.