Chapter Six

"Fury", Y/N said as she walked into his office.

"No", he said while turning in his chair to face her.

"You don't even know what I was going to say.", she replied.

"That you can't work with Barnes and want to swap."

She just stood their in silence.

Fury sighed, "Look, Y/N. I think working with Barnes will be good for you, you come from the same background, have the same ideas, same instincts. If you both have the same or similar brains, the two of you will be unstoppable."

"But-"

"Not to mention you're both stubborn, so I know you wouldn't want to let him win by chickening out.", Fury added.

Y/N raised her eyebrow, "Chickening out?"

"You know, bailing on the mission, clearly you can't handle it, using Barnes as an excuse."

Y/N groaned, "You're doing this on purpose so I stay on the mission, aren't you?"

"Is it working?"

"Maybe", Y/N replied.

"Just focus on what's important, your job. Not Barnes.", Fury stated with a stern tone.

Y/N just nodded and left his office.

-

A Few Days Later...

"I see you changed your mind?", Bucky said as he walked into the locker room, Y/N was gearing up ready for the mission.

Y/N just glared at him.

"What?", he looked confused.

Y/N stood up, "Look let's just get on with the mission"

Bucky just nodded, unsure of what to make of the situation, she seemed so cold towards him and he wasn't sure why.

The pair of them finished getting ready.

"So what's the plan?", Y/N asked as they got in the car.

Bucky started the car, "We have a lead on whose behind all the vibrainium deals."

"Who's we?", she raised one of her eyebrows.

"Me and Fury."

She scoffed, "Of course, leave me out."

"Y/N..."

"Wait so those guys we spoke with aren't behind it?", she asked.

"I've been to a lot of deals and they seemed very inexperienced, I couldn't have imagined it was them.", Bucky replied.

"Alright, let's go.", Y/N ushered him to start driving.

Bucky chuckled and started driving.

-

They had been driving for about 2 hours, out into the middle of nowhere.

"Admit you're lost.", Y/N groaned.

"We're not lost.", Bucky said as he scanned through the map.

"Well right now, I see trees, trees and more trees, looks pretty lost to me.", she stated.

Buck groaned, "Fine we're lost".

"That wasn't so bad was it? Give me that", she swiped the map out of his hands.

He went to grab it back, "hey", but she pulled it to the side out the way so he couldn't grab it.

"Amongst my many skills, map reading happens to be my specialty", she said proudly.