Chapter Nine

Bucky helped Y/N into the tower and up the elevator.

She stayed quiet the entire time.

Once they made it up to the level of the lounge, they got out. Everyone was still there.

"She okay? She looks as pale as a ghost?", Sam asked as he saw them walk in.

"When is she ever okay?" Tony mocked.

Y/N just ignored him and walked away to her room.

"Tony, enough." Natasha said sternly. "What happened?"

"She was harassed in the park. Then apparently got harassed as she came home" he glared at Tony.

"Is she okay?", Natasha asked.

"She's a little shaken up I think, she's been really quiet.", Bucky replied.

"Isn't she always quiet?", Clint asked.

"I don't know, she seems to be chatty with Barnes.", Sam teased.

"Want me to talk to her?" Natasha asked ignoring Sam.

Bucky nodded, "I think you'll be better at this than me."

Natasha got up, walking past Tony and hitting him on the back of his head.

"Hey.", he screeched.

Bucky stopped Natasha before she made her way to Y/Ns room. "I know you two aren't close anymore, but she still cares about you, you're her sister."

Natasha felt very warm inside and smiled, "Thanks Barnes.".

-

Natasha knocked gently on her door.

"Hey", she said calmly.

Y/N was laid on her bed curled in a ball. Tears streaming down her cheeks.

Natasha sat behind her and put her hand on Y/Ns arm.

"You know, this reminds me of when we were kids." She started, "Kacey from a few doors down pushed you over cause she wanted to play with your doll, but it was the only toy you had so you refused to share. You came into the house crying, and refusing to let Mom Melina in the room, only letting me in. We talked about how you were feeling and -"

"We played dolls, my doll and yours.", Y/N sniffed. Starting to sit up.

"The only toys we had.", Natasha smiled at her, Y/N smiled back. "I'm sorry."

"It's okay.", Y/N replied.

"No it's not", Nat replied. "I should have never treated you any different, you're my sister"

Y/N smiled, "We are indeed."

"I'm going to sort out this publicity of yours, because this is unacceptable. You cannot keep going into public and being harassed.", Natasha stated.

"That's kind but you don't ne-", Y/N started.

"Ah, no. You've suffered for too long. You're an Avenger and you've proved yourself more than I can count."

"Thanks Nat.", Y/N said.

"No problem."

-

"You're an ass you know that.", Nat announced to Tony as she walked back into the lounge.

"She alright?", Sam asked.

"Yeah, we made up too.", Nat smiled.

"Good, I'm glad.", Steve replied.

"Why are we pretending that Y/N is a good person?", Tony stood up.

"Tony...", Steve warned.

"No, seriously. We all know what she's done."

Nat laughed, "Oh please don't act innocent Tony. If it weren't for you, and your weapons. Pietro and Wanda but be living a wonderful life right now, and all the other people who died in Sokovia."

"Accident", Tony shrugged.

Nat walked to him, face to face.

'We all know full well Y/N had zero control over anything she has done, in the Red Room and in Hydra. So you can stop this whole blame act, cause guess what Stark, almost the entire Avengers team has almost been through the same thing. Except you, because you have been incontrol of you actions this whole time."

Tony just stared at her and walked away.

"Oof, harsh. But necessary.", Sam reacted.

"Was about time someone knocked his ego down.", Natasha replied with a mischievous grin.

"Why has Tony just walked past me silently, not that I'm complaining but its very odd." Fury said as he entered the lounge area.

"Nat put Tony in his place.", Sam replied.

Fury chuckled slightly, "We'll see how long that lasts. Anyway, Barnes a word."

Bucky got up from his chair and followed Fury into his office.

"I heard from Wanda and Pietro you have joined forces with them.", he stated.

"It turns out our mission have collided , i think the mission could benefit from having them join the mission", Bucky replied.

Fury nodded, "sounds like you have things figured out."

"Hopefully."

"I also pulled you in here to discuss the situation in the park, with Y/N.", Fury added.

Bucky sighed, "she didn't do anything."

"Oh I know that, but this isn't the first time is happened as I'm sure you know. I just want you to remain vigilant when out and about, keep Y/N away from that, it's completely uneeded from the public and very much undeserved from Y/Ns part"., Fury replied.

"Yes sir.", Bucky replied.

-

"How have you been?"

Y/N just sat in silence.

"Another quiet session? You know, a lot it being said in the silence."

"This is pointless.", Y/N replied. "I don't see why I still need to go to therapy."

"Y/N, I saw the news. You're still being harassed in public, I don't see how that's doing you any help."

"I just ignore them", Y/N replied.

"And where does that get you?"

"Nowhere", she looked down.

"You have been assigned to these therapy sessions since you joined the Avengers, and I have to be honest... I see no improvement."

"I am improving", Y/N protested. "Please Dr Marshall..."

She shook her head, "Let's talk about how you're feeling before we even think about ending these sessions."

Y/N groaned, "I've been... okay."

Dr Marshall starting writing in her notebooks and nodded.

"I heard you have a new partner", She added.

"We work together, certainly not partners yet."

"A Mr Barnes? You guys worked together in Hyrda?", she questioned.

Y/N sighed, "He was the one who kidnapped me from my Widow Mission"

"How did that make you feel, seeing him again?"

"Honestly, it brought back some memories, not good ones at that. I never thought I'd see him again. But he's just like me, he wasn't in control, so I can't fault him for that, or I'd be just as bad as those that blame me", she replied.

Dr Marshall nodded, "What's he like, now that he's himself and not 'The Winter Soldier'?"

"He's nice, he was friends with Steve back in the 1940s, so obviously Steve trusts him, so if Steve trusts him. I'd be a fool not to."