Chapter Eight

"Now I should warn you before you meet Wanda, well I should have warned you about Pietro too.", Y/N said as they started walking into the park.

"What about?", Bucky asked.

"Well their time in Hydra was a little different, they both were experimented on, just like ourselves. However, they actually got something out of it, other than the pain and torture and the nightmares."

"Like what?", Bucky raised an eyebrow.

"Well, pietro is incredibly fast and I don't mean super soldier running fast, I mean, super speed you can't see him fast."

"Is that how we heard a twig break and then he appeared in a place where the twig didn't break?" Bucky asked curiously.

"Mhm, its how he and Wanda get around, he just carries her and he can be running miles in about 2 minutes."

"Wow.", was all Bucky could say. "What about Wanda?"

"Now Wanda has powers, from the mind stone, Hydra went through a phase at this point, she showed potential and she passed.", she started. "Her powers consist of telekinesis, telepathy, energy manipulation, illusions and flight"

"That's insane. But did they not become super soldiers too?", Bucky asked.

"No, the Winter Soldier program was just before their arrival to Hydra, which they willingly did by the way. They were orphans, living on the streets, trying to get by, until they ran into a Hydra base in Sokovia. They were made to believe Hydra was going to save the world, but upon Ultron, they realised they were on the wrong side."

"I'm sure you had something to do with it too.", he nudged her arm.

"I was in the Raft at that point, so unfortunately I wasn't there as they joined the Avengers.", she replied.

"The Raft?"

"It's a prison in the depths of the ocean, for people with special abilities. I was on a mission for Hydra and I was caught, I let my guard down by... something. Anyway and they stuck me in the Raft until they interrogated me and saw I had been controlled, I was released only on the condition I would help the Avengers .", she added.

"Huh, I didn't see that on your files."

Y/N chuckled slightly, "they keep the prison files separate"

Bucky nodded as they got to the middle section of the park where Y/N usually met Wanda and Pietro.

Bucky and Y/N sat on a bench.

"Central Park truly has changed in a hundred years.", Bucky said as he looked around.

"I forget you and Steve were born from a different time, must be strange.", Y/N replied.

"Strange is an understatement.", he chuckled.

"Do you miss your family?", Y/N asked.

"My parents had already passed away before my life came to an end, but my sister, she was still alive. But yes I miss them.", he gave her a small smile, in which she returned. "What about you? Did you ever know your folks?"

She shook her head, "was too small to remember them, only memories I have are the red room, such pleasant things to remember.", she said with a slight touch of sarcasm.

He laughed, "I can imagine."

"Although I did have a family for a while.", she started.

He just looked at her as she spoke.

"In 1995, I was about 10. Me, Natasha and Yelena lived in Ohio. We had been there for a few years. We were playing a family, we had a mom and dad. We got to play in a neighbourhood with other kids.", Y/N smiled as she remembered the memories. "It was perfect."