Chapter Fifteen

"So where do you think the location for the key might be?", Bucky asked as they started walking up to the above ground building.

"Well we've practically scanned the entirety of the structure. However...", she looked up. "Lift me up"

"What?", Bucky scrunched his eyebrows together.

"Maybe it's on the roof of this thing, I can't exactly climb on top of it.", Y/N stated.

"Is it cause you're too short?", Bucky joked.

"The term is under tall", Y/N joked back. "Come on help me up."

Bucky picked up Y/N and sat her on the top of the 'building'.

"Thanks", she said and stood up. "Ah hah"

"Found something?", Bucky asked.

"Yup, a hole that seems to be a perfect fit for this key."

"Well go on then", Bucky replied.

"Okay okay", she places the key in the hole and turned in.

The ground shook slightly, Y/N stumbled slightly, falling off the structure.

"Shit!", she called out.

"Y/N!", Bucky ran and managed to catch her. "You good?"

Y/N sighed, "Yeah, thanks."

Bucky looked at her, still holding her.

"What?", she questioned.

"You have a leaf in your hair", He used one of his hands and removed it, "better". He smiled at her.

She smiled back.

Buckys eyes grew wide as he realised he was still holding her, "oops, sorry" he set her down.

"It's okay", she replied.

"Uh Y/N...", Bucky said.

"Yeah?", She asked.

"Look", he pointed at the structure.

She turned and spotted than there was now an entry way and some stairs.

"You were right", Bucky said.

"Never thought I'd hear you say that", she nudged him and wandered to the opening. "I guess we go down?", she said to Bucky who caught up.

"Yes, but carefully", Bucky replied.

Y/N nodded and grabbed her gun.

"I'll quickly alert the team, get Fury to send a Quinjet over with a team if there's Vibrainium, so we can take it back."

"Sounds good", Y/N replied and they started heading down the stairs.

It was dark, cobwebs encased the stairway.

"Have I ever told you, I don't like spiders", Y/N whispered as she pulled webs out of her face.

"You're a Widow?", Bucky whispered back.

"Am not an actual spider though am I?", She replied.

Bucky just laughed.

Once they reached the bottom of the stairway, they were greeted by a large dark room.

"There has to be a light somewhere", Bucky suggested.

Y/N got a torch out and started looking for a light switch. Bucky doing the same.

After a quick scan, Bucky eventually found it. Switching the light on, the room filled up with light.

"Holy shit", Y/N gasped.

"The motherlode of Vibrainium", Bucky added.

The room was a giant underground warehouse, covered top to bottom of crates of vibrainium.

"I'm guessing they steal it, bring it here and then send it to the warehouses, claiming its coming for Wakanda.", Y/N stated.

"It would appear so.", Bucky replied.

"Frederick, I told you. You keep making too many mistakes." A voice echoed from the other side.

"Quick, hide.", Bucky said.

"I don't care if - " the voice paused once it got closer. "And another thing, you've left the fucking lights on in the Philadelphia Bunker"

"That sounds like Victor", Y/N whispered.

"No it wasn't me, Frederick. I haven't been too distracted by that Penelope girl that I'd leave the lights on"

Bucky looked at Y/N and she shrugged her shoulders.

"Besides I'm only using her.", Victor said again.

"Come again?", Y/N whispered.

"It's not mean, isn't it obvious? She's Y/N fricking Grant, of the Avengers. She was in Hydra, no way in hell shes changed, I'm sure she'd let slip some secrets, after all why would she wanna see me."

"Shit", Y/N whispered.

"You haven't slipped up have you?", Bucky asked.

"I have never mentioned the Avengers once", she replied.

"No, she hasn't said anything yet, but trust me, some wine and seducing. I get her talking I'm no time"

"Is he not aware out tolerance for Alcohol is extremely high", Y/N whispered.

"Unless he spikes it", Bucky replied.

"Shit you're right"

"Right, lights are going out. See you soon Frederick, let's see if I decide to fire you or not.", Victor said as he turned the lights out, and a echo of a door shutting fills the room, indicating he's left.

"I knew I should have worn a wig", Y/N half joked.

"What do we do now?", Bucky asked.

"I don't think a quinjet is going to be able to handle this much Vibrainium."

Bucky grabbed his phone and dialled for Fury.

"Hey, we're going to need atleast 20 trucks for this amount. Yes I'm serious , it's an underground warehouse. Okay see you soon"

He hung up.

"He's on it, could be a half an hour wait.", Bucky said.

Y/N sat on the ground, "great.". She rested her head on her hands. "And to think, I started feel bad for using him"

Bucky sat in front of her, "Hey, you didn't know"

"I know", Y/N sighed.

Bucky looked at his phone, "Wanda and Nat have cleared out the LA warehouse and are heading back in a Quinjet." His phone dinged again, "oh and Steve and Sam have done the same"

"Yay", Y/N replied with a slight touch of sarcasm.

"Cheer up Grant, the mission is almost over, isn't that what you wanted?", Bucky replied.

"Yeah, I just feel a bit violated to be honest.", she replied.

"I'm sorry", Bucky said.

"What for?", She asked.

"For presuming it was something you wanted to do. Sleep with him I mean..."

"I mean, I'm not gonna sit here and lie and say it was bad in the moment. But in retrospect, the whole situation grosses me out thinking about it, I wouldn't normally do that shit and now I know he knew who I was the whole time, it makes me feel sick."

Bucky sighed, "I'm not sure what to say"

Y/N shrugged, "its fine, I'll just be happy when it ends.