Just another day in the trenches

(A/N trigger warning for unplanned pregnancy ,men abandoning a vulnerable woman and attempted sexual assault. Alcohol and drug use)

' Time, curious time, gave me no compasses , gave me no signs.
     Were there clues I didn't see? And isn't it just so pretty to think ,
All along there was some Invisible string tying you to me? (Invisible string by Taylor Swift)

     The alarm on Rey's bed side table went off at exactly four p.m.  She groaned loudly then punched the infernal clock to stop the annoying buzzing sound.
Rey took just one more minute to stare up at the long crack in her bedroom ceiling, then her eyes drifted to the pealing wallpaper that had to be at least thirty years old. God, older than her.

  She had just enough time to squeeze in a nap after her day job at the cafe , then make a simple dinner for the kids before heading out for a evening gig.
She needed the money desperately for rent and more diapers .
      She wasn't happy about the raunchy waitress uniform she had to wear, but maybe it would earn her a few tips, but more likely a few pinches from horny Alfa's . It pushed up her small breast and  pulled in her tiny waist until she could barely breathe. Her legs were shapely but also  vulnerable to those awful pinches.
Rey ran into the bathroom , re-applied her smeared make-up ,  gulped down her two suppressants and covered the offensive uniform with a long trench coat.

Her kids didn't need to see mommy in something that would scar their innocence for life.

Maz came into the kitchen to lend a hand with the meal and to keep little Padme' from climbing out of her high chair.
Rey would be eternally grateful for the help and support the old lady so generously gave her. Rey once thought it was from a guilty conscience that Maz helped her with the baby. It was Maz's worthless son that was responsible for giving Rey another mouth to feed.

Rey stoped briefly to look at the sweet , grubby faces of her three children.

Darth, at eleven was a typical boy who sulked and moaned about how sucky his life was. But in reality his life was anything but ideal. His father abandoned Rey when she told him she was pregnant, right after senior prom. They were too young to get mated at seventeen.

So Rey began hunting for a new daddy for her young son but only managed to get baby number two.

Anikin's father had promised her the moon and anything she desired, like a house and security, but in return all he wanted was a easy piece of ass. Then when he got what he wanted and was no longer interested ,he vanished into thin air .

She was devastated by his treatment of her and vowed to never to trust a man again.

Then Luke entered her life and she began to think she had another chance at love.

She opened her heart and things looked perfect....for awhile .He seemed to be the mate she was looking for. They had waited to do the bite , but they waited too long.

One day Luke was just not himself , then the next day he was gone. No note, no 'goodbye' just an empty pillow where his head once was.

      Why did men always leave her? How was she expected to survive with  three children to provide for?  Would her luck ever change for the better, or would she be stuck in this awful cycle forever?

        Maz felt terrible for the girl who's heart her worthless Beta son had broken and took responsibility for the baby Rey was carrying. It was her grandchild and the other two children were a package deal so she invited the four of them to live with her in her small but cozy cottage near the ocean.
Rey would grow to love her for her motherly guidance and loyalty.