Epilogue

' When your soul belongs there, it will feel it is home'. Words by Jen

Five years later.....

Little Padme' wasn't so little anymore. She ran around the elementary school playground yelling at the top of her lungs. Children twice her size were running to get out of the little bulldozers way.

Her mother Rey had doubts that kindergarten would tame her wild child.

One could only hope she thought wearily.

Ben stood back and grinned like the proud papa that he was. He once mentioned to his Rey that god had given Padme' flaming red hair so everyone would see her coming and get out of the way. "That girl needs a warning label, oh yeah she does, her red hair!"

He received a purple bruise on his shoulder for that comment from his feisty mate.

Now as they watched their only daughter line up for her first day of school, Ben felt himself choking up. He'd become quite a sentimental daddy. Padme' had wrapped herself snuggly around his little finger and became daddy's little girl.

Ben reached for Rey and pulled her back into his chest. He kissed the top of her head then rested his chin there where it fit perfectly.

This was their signature hug. This time however, Ben's hand wandered down to the subtle roundness of her tummy.

It was still a secret , but they were going to announce her pregnancy to his parents and the rest of the family just as soon as she visited the doctor and got the first ultrasound. If this new baby was a girl they would name her Leia Maz after the two most important women in their lives.

And together they took care of Maz until she drew her final breath. She passed away peacefully in her own bed in her own home. Her loved ones circling her bed as her spirit went to heaven. Rey had held her hand and leaned in close as Maz whispered, " Rey , my dear, the bravest thing you ever did was to love again. To take another chance at being happy and loved in return."

"Take good care of Ben. I know he would swim through broken glass to be with you. There is no stronger love than yours. Shield and protect your love. Never take him for granted and he will pull down the moon and stars and put them on your fingers."

Ben had surprised Rey by revealing that all his income wasn't made by popping people off. He had a tidy sum stashed away that even Bazine never knew about.

Never would she have to work as a waitress again. He had personally seen to it that they moved back into the house where he had fallen in love with Rey. There would be no other place he could call home. And as the children came one by one, he added more rooms until there was so much love there you could practically taste it.
The invisible string that wound around them and pulled them together was as strong and golden as it ever.

The end.