Surfs up

'I never thought that I could meet someone like you.
You are my friend, you are my smile, you are my everything.
You are a breath-taking reflection of God's heart for me,
Of how he pursed me, and loved me even when I
didn't love myself. You held my hand in the dark
and pulled me into the light. I love you... author unknown

   The mattress was placed in front of the fireplace  and Rose quickly  placed a plastic slick guard over it for protection. Then added the sheets and soft blankets .

    She scattered rose petals all around to finish off the romantic look.  Finn, bless his  sentimental little heart, started a fire in the fireplace to warm up the room.

      He grinned at Rose as she added candle light and soft music to the intimate setting.  " I know they will be making their own warmth in a minute, but a fire just adds just the right touch." He said grinning wider.

       Rose would hold on to this guy . He was a keeper.

Back outside, Maz was waiting in the truck with the boys trying to explain that mommy and daddy needed time together, just the two of them after being apart so long.   Darth rolled his eyes and Ani exclaimed, "Eww!"

     Ben , ignoring the pain in his arm, bridal carried Rey up the stairs and into the nearly empty living room.  He had gotten to her in the nick of time. What if he  was just a few minutes too late?  He would have missed them and then he would have missed his chance at his dream.... He shivered at the horrible thought.

   Now on to more important activities.

        He loved the feeling of her weight in his arms as he carried her over the threshold of the house, but he was eager to get to the mattress on the floor as quickly as possible.

    He gently placed her on the bed, then  took a brief moment to  look at her.  My god , what had happened to her?  Her hair was dull and lanky and sweet luscious scent had all but disappeared.

        Her once perfect peaches and cream complexion was now as grey as oatmeal. Her sparkling eyes that were once dancing with humor were now dull and full of sorrow.  

Reaching up a hand he stroked her face, "Rey, my Rey of sunshine, what has happened to you?"

            As if he didn't know!   "You happened to me , you big oaf.  I've died a little bit every day  since you left."   She covered his large warm  hand with her cold and shaking one. "Are you real? Have you really come back to me?"

     God, he could kick himself for this, what his absence .... His selfishness had done to her. An Omega should never be parted from her Alpha, it could be damaging beyond repair.  She was living proof.

     " Yes, my love, I  am here and I'm not going anywhere. My place is with you."

     Rey gazed up at him. He said 'love'. She had to believe that he was sincere.  He had come to her injured and bleeding ,but he was here, and now was the moment she had been born to do with the man of her dreams. 

"Mate me Rey. Let's make our love  last forever."   He murmured into her throat, causing electric pulses to shiver down her spine.   By then she was weeping . She was no longer afraid that he'd run if she showed him her real feelings.