Renaissance Man

Lying in your arms, eyeing the infinite stars together... peace as one.
A belief we are made of the same material you and I.
The matter in our souls connected by the star dust bleeding through our veins.
As you stroke my hair , and stare into my iris abyss,
Realization.. that this dream has become my haven.
With you I have found my place .
I could die right here until the stars take you back. Words by Jen

The weight in her chest was nearly unbearable.

It felt as if  she had blindly fallen off a cliff and into the churning waters below. The pressure of the ocean was pulling her down into the dark murky depths of sorrow.

Rey gasped for air . Her lungs felt on fire as she ran deeper into the forest behind her small home.  But she couldn't stop.

She needed to get as far away from that place as she could. The place where her happy , Ben filled life was turned upside down.  Where he had left her.

  Now she was alone again.

  Suddenly, a agonizing scream ripped through the trees. A scream that sent the birds fleeing into the sky.

Rey fell to her knees and sobbed.  This was exactly what she was trying so hard to avoid . The despair, the unavoidable loneliness.
Her man ... her Alpha... her soul mate was gone. And it was all her fault.

How would she endure it?

Rey gasped as she felt a subtle shift under her skin. She felt a strange 'something' changing in her body.

A pulling away.  A riping , shredding sensation that left her cold and shivering.

    Her heat. It was disappearing. She couldn't feel her blood running hot through her veins, or the tightness of her skin.
Her scent, which had been spiking, had all but disappeared.
There was an empty hollow feeling deep below where she should be producing the slick needed for mating. Gone as well.

Ben was no longer around to trigger her into  a full heat.

This was all her fault so she needed to take responsibility of it. Never again would she put herself in this position. Lust and loneliness had clouded her better judgment. But now she would be in control. She could take charge of her own life. She didn't need an Alpha to dictate her every movement.

She calmed herself , taking deep breaths. Let go of the past Rey, she told herself. Let it die .

She would have to kill it. Bury it deep below where it could not haunt her. It would go somewhere where it couldn't hurt her anymore.

She made up her mind what her new direction would take her. As she stood up from where she had been resting on the forest floor her legs felt wobbly and unsure but she'd push through.

It took all her strength to make it back home. Her children needed her and Maz would need a break before they started packing.

"Maz, we can't live here anymore." Rey said through her tears. " I need a change, this place reminds me of me too much of ...him."

The old lady should have seen this one coming. Guilt and remorse were weaving their claws through the very walls of this house.

She agreed , they should find a new place to live , free from heart breaking memories of someone who was lost to them and was never coming back.