Cut to the bone

Meet me on the edge of forever, where your darkness melds with mine. And the missing pieces of our souls find each other once again. Rumi

  Ben had to drive home. Rey was so overcome with remorse and guilt that she couldn't see through her tears as they fell in a steady stream down her face. 

          She kept repeating "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry." Over and over but Ben wouldn't listen. He refused to acknowledge her or accept her apology.

        She couldn't look at him and he couldn't look at her. The air between them grew cold as a frosty December morning. 
Even one of Maz's  soft quilts couldn't warm up this horrendous predicament.

The rest of the family sat in sulky silence, knowing the 'daddy is moms slave' scam had come to an end. 

       "Mom's gotten busted. He knows he's not our dad anymore." Darth had to explain what had happened to young Anakin. The poor little fellow broke down in tears.

  "So he won't be our daddy anymore?" Anakin asked his big brother. "doesn't he love us?" He gulped down a sob. "Who will read me bed time stories and tuck me in?"

         Maz tried to explain to Kylo that it was all her fault. That she had talked Rey into it. Then she saw the chemistry between them and did what she could to get them together. Well, her romantic scheming had worked , but she didn't see how bad it would backfire.

They were in for another earth shattering shock when they saw a black stretch limo parked in the driveway.

     Out stepped two people finely dressed  to impress and their noses in the air.

Ben felt an explosion in his brain as the amnesia vanished. He knew that vile woman, and the jerk standing next to her.   She was his real wife and the man standing next to her was the man responsible for sending him  over the edge of the ship and into the ocean.
He hadn't had a moment to adjust to this new turn of events before the bleached blonde's voice pierced his ears.

         "Kylo, there you are darling."Bazine drawled.  "Let's get you way from this hillbilly whore. My poor baby. What did they do to you? She's got you wearing Flannel !  Oh my god  what an embarrassment!" 

        Bazine strutted over in her high heels to Ben, her breasts jiggling in a low cut tank top causing him to step back in revulsion.      She yanked him by the arm and pushed him towards the waiting limo.

     The man standing next to her sneered at the absolute absurdity of the scene before him.

He knew those two boys standing off to the side, with red swollen eyes.  He hadn't seen them in a year but they hadn't changed much.   Still rangy rug rats, in his opinion. He got out just in the nick of time.       He'd never wanted to have to support someone else's brats.

       And the two women, one holding a baby with wispy red hair on her hip. He knew both of those ridiculous women .  The old one was his very own mother, though he'd never own up to that.

The other one.....

       Weeks ago he thought he had recognized her. At the party. A pretty young thing that looked vaguely familiar but he was too drunk to do anything about it.   And her scent ... he still gagged from it.

     His ex girlfriend. But yes, it was definitely her. Rey . God what were the odds?

  " Hux! What are you doing here?" Rey finally found her voice. She hadn't seen him since the party. She had recognized him and his stench when she had entered the lounge where all the party guests were sitting. She didn't dare go near him. If she had he could have grabbed at her and god knows what would have happened.
   She already had his baby. She couldn't let that accident happen a second time.