Chapter 8:Break In!

Y/N POV

We walked out of the parking lot and made it to a neighborhood of houses. "Look for name L/N." I said. So we looked around until we found the house, then Andy knocked on the door." "Don't knock on the door." Julia said grabbing him. There was no answer. "Good there not here." I said relieved. "Let's find a way in." So we all headed to the side of the house to look for a way in. "Hey we can get through the window." Luke said  pointing to the open window. So after finding a word plank, Luke lifted Leyley to the window since she is the smallest. "There is a lock but, I can't reach it." Leyley said trying to reach. Andy ran to get a stick and handed it to Leyley. Leyley was able to open the lock and slipped into the window. After a few minutes later, Leyley opened the back door and we went inside. As I looked at the yellow covered walls and the smell of lavender, it was good to be home. Then again ever since we have escaped from the apartment, nowhere was really home so this would be the same thing, somewhere to rest. "Anyway lets go find those rocks!" Luke said. So we looked in my room which is nothing but a empty room. "Where's your room?" Luke asked looking. I was speechless. Did they get rid of my room? "Hey Y/N you might want to look at this!" Julia said saying me a paper. "It's a death certificate." I looked at it with my name on it. "I found it in your parent's dresser." Julia said show them the key. "I guess they thought you were dead from the fire." Luke said. " Maybe." I said.  Suddenly the door opens. "Wiat it's too early for them to be home." I thought. "Is someone here?" My mom asked. "Hey mom it's me!" I said running down the hallway. "Y/N!" My mom said surprise. "What are you doing here?" "To visit." I said smiling. "I see." Mom said looking at my friends. "Anyway I'll make some coffee." "Ok." I said as she left the room. "I don't trust her " Luke said. "Well we at least need to be respectful for Y/N's sake." Julia said. So we all went into the kitchen and drank some coffee. Except for Andy and Leyley who drank water. "So I heard on the news that the Sunshine Complex caught on fire." Mom said breaking the silence. "Sunshine Complex?" Andy muttered. "Yeah they told us to evaluate the place and told us that we can leave." I said playing along. "Huh and I'm glad you finally made some friends." Mom said smiling. After a while of boring conversations. "Anyway it was nice seeing you but I need to start making dinner." Mom said. That was a cue to get the out of my house. So it looks like she is kicking me out. But I need answers. "Um how about you rest and I'll make dinner." I offered. "Hm ok that would be great thank you." Mom said as she left the room leaving us to prepare dinner.