The Gala and the Birthday

Glynda is sitting in front of a mirror putting in her earrings while YN attaches his sword and dagger to his belt.

Glynda: Can you help me with the necklace?

YN: Sure, let me help.

Glynda then holds the necklace up as YN fastens the clasp and helps her with the necklace.

YN: I'm glad I got this set for you, they go so nicely with your new gown.

Glynda: They must have cost a fortune!

YN: They did, but it was certainly worth every last lien.

YN then opens a flat box and pulls out Glynda's fur stole.

YN: And now for the last touch.

Glynda runs her hands over the fur as YN places it on her shoulder before standing up and giving him a kiss on the cheek and handing YN his peaked cap.

YN: Well then, let's not keep our students waiting.

The two of them then leave their room, arm in arm and walk down the main staircase to the lobby where their students are waiting.

Weiss: The two of you look wonderful together!

Yang: That dress looks great on you!

Ruby: Like a prince and princess!

Glynda: Thank you for the compliments.

They then funnel into a number of staff cars and official vehicles before going to the city hall where the gala is being held. As with before, Winter is there to greet them.

Winter: You look wonderful sir, I hope you two enjoy the evening.

YN: Thank you, I'm sure we will.

YN and Glynda, along with their students and Winter then enter the gala, and everyone is having a good time. Students are mingling with their Atlesian counterparts, Glynda is taking with some of the teachers at Atlas Academy. And YN is enjoying having a conversation with Winter.

YN: So, I'm glad that we're on the path to becoming a family.

Winter: It's a long path, but we're on it.

YN: I never expected it to be easy, but as the old saying goes, nothing worth having ever came easy.

Winter smiles and places her hand on his shoulder.

YN: When I get some horses, we should go riding. Many of my children have enjoyed it.

Winter: I never learned how to ride.

YN: Hmm, I guess I'll have to teach you then. Does Weiss know how to ride?

Winter: I don't believe so.

YN: I'll have to teach her as well. It's a good bonding activity.

They continue talking together for a short while until General Ironwood walks over.

Ironwood: So Colonel, how does it feel to know that I outrank you now?

YN: I'm a holder of the Noble's Cross of the White Snows with swords, leaf clusters, and diamonds, you still have to salute me and treat me with respect. Mind you as a fellow officer you should do so anyway.

Ironwood: You wore that just to piss me off.

YN: No no, you have it mistaken, I'm wearing it as it is the highest Atlesian decoration and I am entitled to wear it, and a gala such as this seemed the perfect place for it. I even brought out my old dress saber from my days in the heavy cavalry. I'd show you the blade, but you already had a good look at it a long time ago.