Chapter 5

"Sorry. It's my fault. I didn't take into consideration Kuroi's importance to the enemy." Suguru said with a frustrated face as he rubs his temples in frustration. "Is that right? Then it's not a big deal." Satoru said in an uncharacteristic serious tone. "The enemy is probably gonna try and take advantage of this hostage situation and demand a trade of Amanai for Kuroi or probably something like, if we don't kill Amanai they'll kill Kuroi." I whistled with a smirk on my face. "So you CAN be smart huh Satoru?" Satoru hit me with his elbow to my stomach. "But I agree with Satoru. Since we have Amanai, we have the upper hand. We just need to pick a meeting place. I'm sure we can handle the rest." Satoru puts a hand under his chin and starts thinking, he's just gonna spit out bullshit from here on I just know it. "For now, we take Amanai back to Jujutsu High and get Shoko to act as a body double." See? Bullshit and also dumb I might add.

"Wait! I'm going too! I can't trust you guys with this!" I sigh and look at Riko. "Riko, do you realize the situation you're in?" Before I could speak again, I was cut off by her. "Even if you rescue her. What happens if Kuroi Isn't back before the merger." Tears then start forming on her eyes and her body starts shaking. "I-I still haven't said goodbye to her!" She starts fidgeting with her skirt, tears still welling up in her eyes. I then look at Satoru and Suguru.

"We'll get a call from them soon if they're smarter than we thought and If taking you means that Kuroi's chance of survival decreases then we're leaving you behind got it?" I said as I looked towards Riko again and saw the resolve in her eyes. "And don't even try backing out halfway through alright?" Satoru added with that smug look on his face.

"WELCOME!!!" Satoru and Riko yelled in unison as they ran towards the ocean. I sigh but smile at the sight as I set up our spot. I heard Kuroi and Suguru talking with each other, everyone is having the time of their lives it seems. 

'Darling, I can feel our tails calling us.' I raise my eyebrows at what Tamamo just said and try focusing my senses to pinpoint the tails. 'Tama-chan! Both of the tails are here! We can finally get nine of our tails!' I felt Tamamo jumping around inside of our inner domain and I quickly finished setting up our spot. I look at Suguru and call him. "Hey Suguru! I'm taking a walk around the area! Call me if you need anything okay?!" I see him nodding and giving me a thumbs up, I nod back and start walking towards one of the tails that is in the nearby forest.

"Ah, finally I can talk to you like this Tama-chan~" I say as I start my trek deeper into the forest.

'Fufu, you can talk with me just fine with your thoughts darling.'

"I know, but this feels much nicer. It's like our connection deepens when I talk to you outloud."

'Aww You're so sweet darling~' Trekking deeper, I sense the tail calling me more and more. I up my speed and head towards the location. 

Arriving at the location, I quickly place a veil over the area and start looking around. This place looks to be a broken down shrine, not like the last one where everything is still intact but weathered down. This one is more destroyed. After looking around for what seemed like hours, I finally found a locked hatch that seems to lead to a basement. I charged a bit of Void Cleft and shot the lock off. When the door opens I can feel the curse energy flowing from the basement, shrugging it off I get in there and start looking.

As soon as I entered the basement I was attacked by dolls. Blasting off the ones that attacked me, I continue exploring the basement. This place is large for being a shrine's basement, I hear more rustling from behind me. 'Darling behind you!'