Chapter 6

Chapter 6

When I arrive at the location that Suguru sent me, I can tell that something was wrong. I started running up the steps towards the gates and when I opened them I was met by destruction. I look at the center of this destruction and see Satoru laying in a pool of his own blood. "Satoru!" Just as I was about to run towards Satoru I felt something, no, someone behind me. I raised my arms up to block the oncoming attack but I was too late as the blade cut my chest and my arms. I don't have time to use reverse curse technique as my assailant is ready to attack again. This time I managed to block him, even though my arms got more damaged.

"So you're the one that did that to Satoru?" I asked the man while sizing him up, He's a muscular man, about six foot two, he has a scar on his lips and I can't feel any curse energy from him. Weird. Is that why I can't sense his attack earlier? 

"Yeah. I did." He answers with a smirk on his face as he brandishes a weird looking dagger in his hand. I readied my lightning. But, before I could open my mouth to talk, he vanished. I widen my eyes and start looking around frantically.

This is bad, I can't sense him. 'Tama-chan can you sense where he is?' I keep my guard up and wait for Tamamo's response.

'No. It seems that this one is a special ca-' Before Tamamo could finish her sentence, I felt a blade stabbing me through my lower back. "If you don't mind, I'd like to finish this as fast as possible." I widened my eyes when I heard him say that and before I could react, he started moving the blade from my lower back up to my upper torso. I tried to use my lightning to attack him, but he grabbed another blade and easily cut my hand off before he stabbed me over and over again in multiple areas.

I can't even focus on my reverse curse technique due to how fast he is attacking me. Finally, he stabbed me in the neck and slashed down before letting my body fall on the ground. Who, no, What is this man? Is he a monster?. He has no curse energy, yet he can put me and Satoru down with ease. "To think two of the strongest students of Jujutsu High got beaten by a monkey who can't even use jujutsu." He kicked me on the head before walking away towards the main building that housed Master Tengen.

I tried getting up, but my body is so damaged and broken that the only thing I can do is focus on my reverse curse technique and heal myself. I can only hope Suguru finishes the job.

Then darkness slowly consumes me.

I feel myself waking up from someone shaking my body. I slowly open my eyes and see that I'm in my and Tamamo's inner domain. I look to my side and see Tamamo looking at me with tears in her eyes. "Tama-!" I couldn't finish calling her name as she leapt onto me and hugging me with such force that I almost choke. "Tama-chan! Can't breathe!" Tamamo Finally lets me go and kisses me, I deepen our kiss but she pulls away and instead punches me. Which sends me flying to a nearby wall. "Darling you idiot! Did you know how worried I was when that man stabbed you and almost killed you?!" I groan while getting up from the wall and walk towards Tamamo and hug her tightly. "You must be very worried for me huh Tamamo? I'm sorry for worrying you like that. Next time I'll be more careful. Promise." I pat her ears and kiss her forehead before my face becomes serious. "More importantly, what's with that man? I can't sense curse energy from him, but he can move faster than I can react."

"That man has, what we call in the industry, a Heavenly Restriction. It's a condition when someone is born without an ounce of curse energy in their body. But in return of having no curse energy, they get a pretty strong physical body and if I have to guess, that man has become so strong that even with his five senses alone, he can detect or 'see' curses and curse energy." My eyes widened hearing that explanation. So there are people like that in this world? Amazing. "And since you mostly fought curses and curse users, you panicked when you couldn't sense anything from him darling."

I sigh and bury my head in the crook of her neck. "I'm sorry. If I were stronger than maybe I could kill him. I was too confident and in way over my head. I got so used to fighting everything with ease but when a strong opponent attacked, I panicked and didn't know what to do. I'm sorry Tamamo." She pats my head and start rubbing my back. "Don't beat yourself down Kei, we all make mistakes in life. We have to learn from them so that we can get even stronger in the future. And who knows, maybe fighting that man made you learn something new."

I smiled hearing the comforting words from Tamamo. I let go of her and see that my body is fading away. "Looks like I'm waking up." Heh, it seems I can use reverse curse technique automatically now. Tamamo's right, maybe fighting that man did give me something new. I kissed Tamamo for one last time before waking up.