Chapter 19

The months passed by in a blink of an eye and now it's already June. The months passed by peacefully without any chaos or problem, well beside the situation with Sukuna's fingers. I managed to find one when I was taking care of some curses some time ago. One of the curses had the finger inside of it and the aura it let out was something more sinister than a normal curse. The finger itself felt malicious when I grabbed it, it looked like a corpse's finger, all shriveled up and dark red in color. Anyways, I gave the finger to Mr. Yaga and return to my normal life teaching my students. Yuta went to Africa a couple of days after I took him and his friends to old man Daisuke's shop and he said he'll be overseas for some time, so I'm left with three of my students.

But that was a while ago, as for tonight I was sent to look for Sukuna's finger around the Sendai City area. I stand on top of a building and take a breath of the cold night breeze. "This is gonna be a long night, I wanna go home." I slump my shoulders as a tired sigh escapes my lips. 'C'mon darling I know you can do it! I can feel the finger somewhere, so we just need to look around a bit more then we can go home!' Tamamo's right, I can sense that malicious energy in the area, I just have to look harder. I jump from the rooftop that I'm standing on and go to the direction where I feel the energy of the finger.

The energy signature brought me to a school building that has been destroyed in some parts, with massive holes on the side of some buildings. I look around and see Megumi and a boy with pink hair looking pretty beat up. I jump down and land beside Megumi as he prepares to summon his shikigami.

"What's going on kiddo?"

"What's the situation?"

I look to the side and I see the idiot staring at me as well. "What the hell are you doing here?" I ask him as I fold my arms. "What the hell are you doing here Kei?! I thought you were sent somewhere else!" I then moved my attention to the bag in his hand and an unimpressed look washed over my face. "You bought sweets instead of looking for the finger?"

"I was doing my job okay?! I sent Megumi to scout over the area so we can easily look for the finger." He folded his arms this time and I looked at him with a deadpan before looking towards Megumi. "Is that true kiddo?" Megumi just shakes his head and I look at Satoru again as he starts whistling innocently. I sigh and facepalm before looking at the other kid that's present. "And who are you kid? What are you doing- you ate the finger didn't you?"

"Ah that, um yeah I kinda... ate it when that big monster thing attacked." I sigh and facepalm, again. "How did you know that I ate the finger sir?" I look at the kid and fold my arms. "I sensed that finger when I asked you who you are, kid. Why did you eat that thing? It's dangerous and the spirit associated with it is even more dangerous."

"W-Well, Fushiguro told me that if I want to kill that thing I need curse energy and the only thing that has curse energy that was on me was the finger. So, yeah haha." He trailed off into a nervous chuckle after the explanation. I sigh again before looking at Satoru and tell him to handle the situation. He gives me a thumbs up and hands me the bag as he walks up to Yuji. I sit down next to Megumi and start healing him. 

"You okay kiddo? Any injuries other than cuts? Any broken bones?" The black haired kid just shakes his head. "No, I'm fine Kei-san. Thank you." I smile and pat his head as his cuts and wounds are healed up. "No problem, it seems Satoru is about to do something dumb. Why don't we enjoy the show?" I grab a kikufuku mochi from the bag and hand one over to Megumi, who looks at the sweet with a flat look on his face. "He was buying souvenirs even though people are dying here?" I look over to Satoru as he stretches his body and tells the kid to switch out with Sukuna for ten seconds.

"They are not souvenirs. It's for me to eat on the bullet train later and who told you you can just eat one Kei?!" He yelled at me while pointing his finger. A figure then suddenly jumped into the air towards Satoru, Megumi tried to warn him but it's too late as the figure crashed into Satoru. I take a bite of the mochi as a cloud of dust covers our vision. "Whoa you're right Satoru, the cream one is really good. You should buy me more next time." The cloud of dust then goes away as the kid's face from before stares at me and Megumi but this time his face has some markings on it. I flick his forehead and leave a mark there before opening another mochi to eat. He grunts from the flick as Satoru sits on his back. "Listen, my student and my friend are watching. So I hope you don't mind if I show off a little."

Sukuna then turns his head around quickly but instead he's punched in the face by Satoru, who sends him flying across the rooftop with the punch. He quickly gets up and looks at Satoru as if assessing him before he turns his attention to me and Megumi. "It doesn't matter what the era is, you jujutsu sorcerers are always a pain!" He flexes his arm and uses the debris around him to attack Satoru causing another cloud of dust to appear. "Damn, that was fun. I wish I had more mochi though." I look at the bag in my hands and see that it's empty, I look around me and see the wrappers for the mochi all around me.

"But that doesn't matter to me." I heard Sukuna speak with confidence in his voice. "7... 8... 9... Should be about time." This time I heard Satoru's voice coming from the dust cloud as it slowly disappeared. After Satoru said that, I see Sukuna's body twitched before the markings on his body slowly disappear and the kid from before taking back control of his body. "Oh! Was everything okay?" I stand up and grab the empty bag of sweets before walking towards the two. Megumi soon followed behind me like a puppy. "What a surprise! You can actually control him!"

"Yeah, but he's kinda annoying. I can hear his voice." He said with an annoyed expression and knocked the side of his head. "It's a miracle that's the only side effect kid." The two turn their attention to me and Megumi, I flash them a smile as I stand beside Satoru as he puts his fingers on the kid's forehead and makes him pass out. "So what did you do to him?" I ask as Satoru hoists the unconscious body up. "I knocked him out hehe." I just look at him with a deadpan and smack the back of his head. "Don't laugh after you beat up a kid and knocking him out, idiot."

He winces from the hit and rubs his head with his free hand. "If he wakes up and isn't possessed, he might have the potential to be a vessel." The kid is in the same situation like me huh? Except he's got the king of curses inside of him. What bad luck and knowing how the higher ups treated Yuta and Rika before, they're gonna order an execution on the kid immediately. I just hope Satoru comes up with something.

"Okay Megumi, one question for ya. What do we do with him?" Megumi then looks at the unconscious body with an unreadable look on his face. "Even if he has the potential to be a vessel... He must be executed under the regulation of jujutsu." He then looks at me and Satoru with a determined face. "But I don't wanna let him die."

"Is that a personal opinion?" Satoru asks with a smile. "Yes, it's a personal opinion. Please do something about it." Satoru then grins and gives a thumbs up to Megumi. "Hehe, a precious student's request. Leave it to me!" I look at my watch and see it's quite late and I have to teach in the morning, I sigh and give Satoru the empty bag as I start walking away. "Well, I'll be going first. I have class in the morning and I don't wanna be late, see you two later in school." I waved them off and when I jumped down I heard Satoru yelling my name and calling me out about his missing kikufuku mochi. I just chuckle and start making my way home.