Chapter 9

Me and Satoru rushed to Shinjuku after Shoko told us she met Suguru there. Arriving at the crowded area, Satoru and I began looking frantically. Satoru then pats my shoulder to gain my attention. "Kei... I found him." He said before walking towards the place he believed he saw Suguru, I looked over at Satoru and started following him. After following him, I see our friend walking away with his hands in his pockets.

"Explain yourself. Suguru." Suguru stopped walking, not facing the two of us. "Didn't you hear from Shoko? There's not much else to it." He said so casually. "So you'll just kill every non-sorcerers?! Even your own parents?!" I said to him as he stopped walking and turned his head slightly but still not facing us. "I can't go making exceptions for my parents, right? And those people aren't my only family."

"That's not what I'm asking. I thought you were against killing if there's no meaning to it?!" I raised my voice, anger started boiling inside of me seeing how nonchalant Suguru is after slaughtering his family and the village. "Ah, but there's a meaning. A significance, too. There's even a purpose to it."

"No there isn't!" This time Satoru yelled, causing people to look in our direction. "You wanna make a world of sorcerers by killing every non-sorcerers?! No fucking way that's gonna work! Trying dumb stuff that you know doesn't work is as meaningless as it gets!" Suguru finally stopped walking away and faced us with a flat look.

"That's pretty arrogant."

"What?" "Huh?" Satoru and I look at him confused. "It's possible for you two, right? Satoru, Kei." I opened my mouth to answer but was cut off by Suguru. "If it's possible for you... Can you really go around telling people that 'It's impossible'? Tell me, Satoru. Are you the strongest because you're Gojo Satoru? Or are you Gojo Satoru because you're the strongest?" Satoru looked even more confused and angry after hearing that. Then Suguru turned to me. "And you Kei. Are you strong because you're Kitsuroku Kei? Or are you strong because of that fox that's living inside you?"

I froze and widened my eyes. How did he know that? How long did he know about me being a vessel? I never told anyone besides Mr. Yaga and Shoko. Did he sense Tamamo with his technique? Is he gonna forcefully take Tamamo away from me?!

"The hell are you saying?" Satoru asked in frustration as Suguru turned around, ready to walk away. "If I could become you two. Then even this foolish dream of mine would be plausible, don't you think?"

"I've decided how I want to live. So now I'll just do what I can for the sake of it." Finally had enough, Satoru put his hands out and tried to use his technique. But, he's hesitant if should attack Suguru here. "Kill me if you want. There's a meaning to that." With his final words, Suguru walked away into the crowd.

Satoru groaned in anger and frustration as he reluctantly put his hands down. I put my hand on his shoulder while still looking at Suguru before he disappeared into the crowd. "Let's go back, Satoru." He slowly nods his head and we make our way back to Jujutsu High.

"Hey, Kei." Satoru called me as we walked, I turned my head to face him and hummed in response. "You wouldn't leave me behind, right?" A surprised look formed on my face as I slowed my walking. "No. No I wouldn't." Satoru heaves a sigh and puts his hands in his pockets.

"That's good to hear. I-I wouldn't know what to do if I was left all alone." I softened my gaze at him and wrapped my arms around his shoulders after noticing that he turned his infinity off. "Don't worry about it, just like you said. We're the strongest, nothing's gonna happen to us. And if something were to happen, I know you'll always have my back and I have yours, Satoru." Satoru chuckled and I can feel his body relaxed. "Yeah, we're the strongest. Thanks for that, Kei. That means a lot."  I let go of his shoulders and looked at Satoru in amusement. Never thought I'd see him this vulnerable, but here we are. "That's what friends are for right? Keeping each other safe and all that bullshit."