✨On-Stage Wife✨

(I forgot the date; but I'm assuming it was Nov. 18 or 19)

(Context: on stage during Matilda rehearsal; this dream is not a connected timeline to the first, so we weren't established friends; also note: Matilda rehearsal hadn't actually started IRL yet! She's not actually in it 🥲)

There were more girls than guys who applied to be parents in Matilda (this actually happened but I'm a single mother character, not a lesbian 😂; we're on a Christian campus 🥲), and so I ended up paired with Aphrodite (as a "couple"~ of parents for one of the kids on cast) so dream me is like lowkey flustered and dying a little (and for some reason Aphrodite is wearing the top of the Farquaad wedding outfit..? But standing on her actual feet, not her knees, and had no fake legs on) so basically girlie is my on-stage wifey for an entire show's worth of rehearsal just to be in two songs together, but we have to be all doting and couple-y with our "little" (aka an actual 11-13 year old playing a) like 5-6 year old kid, so in one rehearsal she had some sun or bag looking prop (I don't rly remember; probably a bag) and I was holding onto her elbow, and still dying inside even tho we'd rehearsed it a bunch of times and our lil (roughly middle school-aged) "child" was laughing at me and possibly shipping a little bit.

 Apparently Aphrodite  just thought I was nervous abt the show when I was rly just nervous abt being so close to her and having to actually act semi romantic for the part (cause like uhm yea I'd have a heart attack irl too 😳) but basically we'd started to get to know each other backstage cause if we're at least friends then it would be easier to play the part on stage too. But anyway the Director, (who still had a lil sling for her arm[she had just gotten out of surgery like a week b4 this dream irl]) was like rly setting it up to be a lil bit ✨touchy✨ and istg Aphrodite was hella teasing me abt being nervous in order to make me laugh and be better on stage (but rly just making me blush).

(A bit later; a costume check)

We were surprisingly both dressed as women (bc you'd assume one of us would be stuck cross-dressing so it's not a lesbian couple on stage, just two female actors playing a straight couple—so when I tell you it was a little shocking—👀👀) and had kinda just decided to roll with it bc there wasn't rly anything else to do, and so it was a little elementary schoolboy played by a middle schooler(probably?; irl i have a girl), and his two moms played by two girls which was really strange to see in a Christian school setting but ig no one cared for some reason? But basically my character was kinda the quiet loving one and gentle, and hers was like the "woman of the house" character, so she was the one who worked and I stayed with the kid until he went to school. (Idk, that part was just a bit of opening dialogue before the song we were in)

(This part absolutely sends me every time I think about it)

The choreographer had said she didn't like the choreography for a part where it's supposed to be more tender and sweet, bc it wasn't rly matching the mood. We were originally just walking him to school and then we'd go to the other side of stage where a prop wall would be (bc this was still rehearsal so there wasn't one yet) there to divide it into like the "inside" and "outside" of the school building. So we're outside, walking him in, and then leaving to the other side of stage again, and then there was a part where the dancing and singing between the parents and kids would slow a bit like an "I miss you" kinda thing instead of "hurry we're almost late" like the rest of the song. But Choreographer didn't rly like the part where I just held onto her elbow and we both watched him, bc it looked a little bit stunted. So she was like "you two need to scoot together a bit more, and you (me), lay your head here (her shoulder)" and then she took my hands and was like "okay now leave these in front of you for a second," and then pulled the arm I was holding (Aphrodite's left) to a spot around my waist, and took my hands and had me lay them under my head. So she had one arm around my waist and my hands were rested on her shoulder, with my set head on top of them.

Now as Choreographer was doing that, I was laughing bc hey it's a little goofy but also I was embarrassed and didn't want to show it. So anyway she goes on to adjust a few other pairs, and is like "okay bet this is good" (but in her actual way of speaking; which is sarcastic millennial) and so we all separate and start the scene from the top with the new blocking (when I say I enjoyed the fact that rehearsals are repetitive for once, I mean it)

So the whole scene was kinda like the "baby Shrek" scene at the beginning of the last show, where I kneeled to fix his little jacket and handed him the bag that Aphrodite had, and then stepped back to hold her arm with one hand while ushering him in with the other, and kinda copy & paste for all the parent-kid groups; only rly slight differences. And then we walked him in together and "talked" (pretending to talk) with a few of the parents we knew before watching him run to his friends, and leaving the building. Then we'd turn around at the last second for the slower part, and kinda "fondly" watch him run off before the song ends and we're stuck in a very cuddle-like position until blackout, where we went backstage left, and were able to talk and actually get a little personal space (bc by that point, dream me couldn't handle being too close to her unless it was for the scene bc I was overwhelmed [aka flustered] and probably would have [gay] panicked a little).

But anyway, ya girl with all her ✨rizz 🥵🥵✨ managed to get her number (meaning in reality she asked for mine 💀💀💀) and so we traded contacts and started to hang out outside of show-related activities, like sometimes I'd go sit with her during our lunch break ([this was to Athena who was one of 2 beta readers] sry Athena, I didn't wanna leave you behind, but at least you'll be happy to know that it you were either not there/came with me so I didn't actually abandon you any of like the three times referenced in the dream🥲😂) and she'd come hangout with us (me and Cinderella🤔) whenever I came over to see her. (bc apparently dream me had an established friendship with Cinderella too? And regularly came to their house/invited her over?? Tea tho, bc there was an irl story where I almost had to ask their mom to either stay late at on campus or just take me home with her and have my parents pick me up from there 💀👀 I was actually dying at the thought bc I knew that Cinderella had said smth abt Aphrodite not working that day/being at home or smth like that and it felt too personal to ask. Anyway not the point that's a story for later)

Basically it escalated to a real friendship by that point, so sometimes *Aphrodite* was the reason I came over, instead of hanging out with Cinderella, even though the three of us usually did anyway—but the point was it wasn't Cinderella who had asked me to come over a few times.

And this part was vaguely memorable, but basically the gist of it was Aphrodite had invited a bunch of her friends & Cinderella (ofc) to a group sleepover type of thing, and so Fiona, Thumbelina and Athena(yay!) (also a few others that were just dream npcs) were there with us (me, Cinderella, Aphrodite) and we all just hung out in surprisingly aesthetic pyjamas. (Lol, which is very unrealistic bc irl I have like two pairs that are cute and the rest of the time they are just random clothes I picked up from the floor and threw on)

I do remember one part tho, from before it had actually started, and I'd got there early, so I was just hanging out with their mom (cause its normal when you basically live 50/50 at her house like she's your second mother💀😂) and her husband in the kitchen and she'd mentioned that Aphrodite and Cinderella were still on the way home. But what kills me is when they got home, I got hugs from Cinderella which was pretty normal, but I was still getting used to being close friends with Aphrodite, so this girl hugs me and I just look like "😳..." and end up laughing a little and hugging her back a second later (still kinda "😳🥰😳🥰😳") and we all head to her room where Cinderella and I help her put up fairy lights or smth like that and grab snacks, before the three of us just chill on her bed and wait for everyone else to come over.

And then it kinda just cut back to another rehearsal where we basically did the same thing as before but I was dying a little less bc as mentioned above, I was used to being around her by then since I practically had split custody between my parents and theirs😂😂😂😂

And then I woke up and was very surprised that my dream had actually kind of applied to what I was thinking about when I fell asleep (bc I was thinking abt Aphrodite like "damn she's pretty" and also Matilda, like "yay I'm so excited" and then it ended up leading to "I wonder if she'll be in it?" And then I fell asleep and dreamed that she was in it👀👀👀 😂)