A bad surprise

The next morning , the headmaster , teachers and a crowd of Ratstreet Boys fans were at the heliport early to welcome the cult band . The Thea Sisters , excited , stood in the front row . The last to arrive was Shen , who , with a bundle of notes in his paw , stopped to see where his friends were .

Vic : Hey , you're late ! Is all these papers , it's for autographs ?

Shen : No , it's the lyrics of the Thea Sisters song ! I was up all night writing it !

Vic : It's got to be better than that awful song they were rehearsing yesterday...

Just then , the helicopter carrying Mausington and the Ratstreet Boys landed on the runway . A spontaneous round of applause broke out among the spectators . As the heavy aircraft door swung open and Anna caught sight of her old friend's face , her heart began to beat faster . Holding out her paw , she managed to say to him with studied calm...

Anna : Er...Mark , welcome to Mouseford Academy !

Mark: T-thank you .

The two of them stared at each other for a while longer , as if no one else was around . Above everyone else , Mercury and Io appeared in the sky .

Io : Here they are .

The murmur of the crowd swelled to a clamor as the long-awaited Ratstreet Boys prepared to exit the helicopter . Four sullen-looking men appeared on the catwalk , and all put on their dark glasses at once . No sooner had guitarist Bud McDonald stepped down than he began to grumble .

Bud : Pfff ! Another one of those godforsaken places in the middle of nowhere...

Raven Such , the bassist combed back his blond hair with a smug look .

Raven : You said it !

Jamal Bongiovi , singer .

Jamal : And there's the eternal pack of screaming girls...

At last Joel Sambora , the drummer , with his thick curly hair , came down . Jamal approached the headmaster , and nonchalantly placed a paw on his shoulder .

Jamal : Tell me , man , this place is a real dump ! Where's the fun in that ?

The Thea Sisters , standing close to the landing staircase , couldn't believe their ears .

Violet : Are they the group entertainers we've always admired ?

Nicky : They have no respect for their fans or their hosts !

Colette was the most disappointed of all .

Colette : And to think I bought all their albums !

If the Thea Sisters had changed their opinion of the musicians , there was someone else who loved them all the more : Vanilla de Vissen . Smiling broadly , the young mouselet joined the producer and invited him and the band to a party on her mother's yacht . The four men eagerly accepted . Mausington , on the other hand , seemed less enthusiastic .

Mark : We'll come , thank you , if Anna and the other teachers are invited too !

Vanilla's smile disappeared immediately . The girl wanted to use the opportunity to persuade the producer to choose her and her friends as the opening band for the Ratstreet Boys concert , but with the other teachers on board , she'd have a harder time influencing his opinion . On the other hand , Mark's request made Anna's eyes light up , and she was looking forward to spending some time with her former partner . Perhaps their friendship wasn't completely over . On the enemy's side , Mercury appreciated the behavior of the rock band . Then something caught his eye : he saw Pamela's car with Dina's father's drum kit in the passenger seat . Mercury had an idea , but he preferred to act as soon as the Thea Sisters left their instruments unattended . Io's eyes sparkled when she heard Vanilla's party on a luxury yacht .

Io : "Wow...An evening on a yacht..."

The little jupiterian plunged into a dream , where she found herself in the middle of the dance floor with a melancholy look on her face as all the guests formed a couple . She was wearing one of the most beautiful dresses she could find for the occasion . Suddenly , Mercury in a smart suit appeared in the crowd and walked towards her , Io smiled . He offered her a rose and invited her to dance . As they danced , Io's and Mercury's eyes locked tenderly .

Mercury : Io...

Io : Mercury...

In the reality , Io was still in her dreams , she hadn't heard the real Mercury calling her .

Mercury : HEY , IO !

Io came to her senses and returned to reality , but once again , she was in a romantic mood . Maybe if she went out on the yacht tonight , Mercury would finally notice her .

Io : Say , Mercury , could we go too ?

Mercury : Huh ?! What are you talking about ?

Io : I'm talking about the party organized by Vissia de Vissen on her yacht !

Mercury : WHAT ?!? Isn't that supposed to be for adults ?! We're just kids !

Io : I'm a big lady ! Then we'll both go !

Mercury : No way !

If there's one thing Io really can't stand , it's saying no to her when she wants something . So she wants to do everything she can to get what she wants , in her way .

Io : Yes !

Mercury : No!

Io: Yesyesyesyesyesyesyes!

Mercury : No ! No ! No ! No ! No ! No ! And NO !

Io coldly grabbed the mercurian by the neck and squeezed hard , so hard that she was going to break his neck . She threatened him with a dark look on her face .

Io : Listen to me , Mercury...go and put on an elegant suit and you'll go to the party with me tonight...got it...darling?

Mercury: Y-y-y-yes...ma'am "I'd rather die than be with her !"

Higher up than them , the youngest Satelles and the youngest SSA had caught Tethys' eye . The Saturnian's uncontrollable and malicious curiosity hadn't stopped her from following them up here .

Tethys : I see...

Tethys returned to the magnetic field of the planet Saturn . Meanwhile , after the welcome ceremony , the Thea Sisters agreed to meet in the rehearsal studio at some point in the afternoon . Pamela headed for her jeep , in the back of which she had loaded the red drum kit loaned by Dina's father . She was surprised to discover Joel , the Ratstreet Boys's drummer , standing beside her car .

Joel : Hi, there ! These two marvels are yours ?

Joel had an infectious smile , magnetic eyes and a real passion for cars and percussion . Pamela soon found herself chatting to him like an old friend . The musician seemed a simple mice . In fact , he had withdrawn from the others because he didn't like crowds . So much in common . And , as he excelled on the drums , he gave Pamela a series of invaluable tips . She was pleasantly surprised .

Pamela : "All things considered , this Joel doesn't look like the other members of the band !''

However , someone was watching them from afar , looking dismayed and with a heavy heart : Shen . After desperately searching for his five friends among the newcomers' admirers , he had finally spotted his beloved Pamela , but she wasn't alone . Seeing her share such complicity with the fascinating star troubled the shy boy .

Shen : "This is Joel Sambora , one of the musicians of the legendary Ratsreet Boys ."

He shook his head .

Shen : "I've no chance of winning Pamela's heart with my stupid song !"

He crumpled up the sheet of paper on which he had written his lyrics and threw it away . Then he walked away , head down , while Pam , who hadn't noticed anything , continued chatting with Joel . Vic, who had witnessed the scene unnoticed , approached , intrigued . He picked up the ball of paper , unfolded it and began to read . A strange gleam sparkled in his green eyes . When he had finished , he carefully folded the paper and put it in his pocket .