Beauty-shop practice

That afternoon , the Thea Sisters finally managed to work like a real orchestra . Pamela went wild on drums , while Nicky joined in on guitar . Paulina and Violet accompanied them with digital effects .

Pamela : Hey , Rock Sisters ! We're in pole position !

And everyone applauded joyfully . The only one not to join in the general euphoria was Colette , who had to be content with warming up her voice for lack of a text to sing . That very morning , Pamela had submitted the lyrics of a song to her friends .

Pamela : At least I tried to write one !

Violet : Your verses were certainly not without interest...

Nicky : The Rock Sisters need something better than " With you , I fly , I run , bolide , my only love !''

Colette : Love ! That's the solution ! Let's write a love song !

Paulina : We've already tried...

She pointed to the pink sheets Colette had scattered around . Paulina took one of the papers and read one .

Paulina : "My heart's in a trance , I'm losing my senses , call the ambulance !''

The girls looked at each other , then burst out laughing .

Colette : Yeah , you can't present yourself with a text like that ! Ha ! Ha !

For their part , the Vanilla Girls were facing difficulties of their own . To prepare for that evening's party on the family yacht , Vanilla had transformed her bedroom into a veritable beauty salon , and was urging her friends to rehearse their songs while an army of beauticians did their hair and make-up .

Vanilla : Careful , girls , the lead singer's voice must dominate all the others !

Connie : And when was it decided that you would be the lead singer ?

Vanilla : When you agreed to audition and perform the fabulous song my mother had the best composers write for us ?

Zoe : Okay , okay ! But learning a song in these conditions isn't easy !

Alicia : If only we could spare ourselves the hair dryers...I can't hear my voice !

Vanilla : And what difference do you think it makes ! Don't you know that recording contracts are signed at receptions , not auditions ! Tonight's cocktail party is our gateway to the world of show business !

Alicia : Right...but the others are rehearsing everything in all seriousness !

Vanilla : If that's all , I can get serious too , as everyone will soon realize...