Chapter 5: No Forbidden Love Between The Alphas

Hael slumped his shoulders becoming small on the couch feeling anxious by the sudden rise in voices of the Alpha and Beta and their stares at him.

Noticing that the younger became jittery, Arik cleared his throat signing Irvin to calm down but...

"I never knew you had an affair with my boyfriend, Arik Esmeray! Let that bastard come here, I will see you both!"

Irvin's eyes flared red.

Facepalming himself Arik opened his mouth to clear the misunderstanding.

"Hael, I don't know why you thought so, but Maven and I aren't in that kind of relationship. We both are Alphas and we grew up together. We are just best friends that's as far as our relationship goes nothing less nothing more."

He then looked at Irvin.

"Brother Irvin, you know Maven loves you. We never had such a relationship with each other. Even imagining it is gross!"

Arik denied his accusations making a disgusted expression at the end of his sentence showing he was dead opposed to the idea of him and Maven being together.

"Right! I feel the same too. Ew, you and me? Even if the whole world ends, you and I were the only ones living and had the duty to proliferate for the sake of stopping the human extinction I would jump into the sea than to mate with you, got it?"

Maven who just arrived there, responded getting pretty offended.

"...Maven," Irvin stood up with twinkly eyes.

It has been three months since they met each other as Maven was busy solving the crisis in the company and had no time to visit him though they talked on the phone every night.

"Irvin," Maven ran to him and embraced him in a tight hug.

Hael who saw everything gasped outwardly in shock.

>>>How is this possible?

>>>Brother Irvin and Mr. Maven?

Hael was closer to Irvin than Maven, his step-brother, who was a stranger to him.

That was why he always called him formally, he used to even call his father Mr. Lucian and his step-mother Mrs. Lucian.

Anyway, wasn't this totally absurd? This whole Manga ran around the main protagonists Maven Lucian and Arik Esmeray and their forbidden love as in the title 'The Two Alphas And Their Forbidden Love'.

Then what was Hael seeing?

>>>Is this world, not the Manga world I read but just a parallel universe and I happened to read a fanfiction of these two Alphas' written by some space traveler or sort?

Hael's head started spinning thinking about such ludicrous theories in his head which might be true to a certain extent who knew?

>>>What in the world is happening?

"See, I am not in any relationship with Maven and we don't have such feelings for each other. I know maybe because our families are trying to set us up from our childhood you thought that I and him... but it isn't like that Hael, trust me."