07 || mentiroso

Valeria Navarro

When I finally walk downstairs, my parents and Lorenzo's dad are already sitting in the living room, so I quickly sit down next to Lorenzo and wait for them to start talking. 

"The situation seems to be cooled down right now" My father starts speaking, while his gaze is fixated on me. "Somehow they know about Valeria ans her skills, and they tried to take her down, so we" He motions between Hermán and him, "decided that it's best that Valeria stays with Lorenzo for the next week or so" He finishes. 

I shake my head, not approving with this. "Why can't I just be home?" I ask, curious about why they decided to do this, and even more curious about the fact that Lorenzo doesn't look surprised at all. 

Did he know about this?

"Because they might know where you live, and Lorenzo is better at protecting you, we can get your stuff over here and then Lorenzo will bring you to school and kind off be your bodyguard for the next week, while we oversee this situation" Hermán says, before looking at his son.

Lorenzo nods and then leans back in his chair. "Fine by me, I'm just here to follow your orders" He says, but he looks kind off annoyed with this whole situation. 

"Good, Valeria, why don't you make a list with stuff you need from our house? We'll get it for you and then we'll leave you guys alone again" My dad says, giving me a white notebook and a grey pencil. 

I shrug my shoulders and start writing because there is absolutely no way I can change their plans. It's annoying, yeah, but I'll just have to deal with it I guess. 

I quickly write down a list of items that are necessary, along with stuff I just need to be able to live, and the stuff I need for school, and then I hand the notebook to my dad, who quickly scans the list before nodding.

He stands up together with Hermán and my mom, and while both of the men walk towards the front door to leave as soon as possible, my mom comes up to me and hands me my phone before she starts speaking. 

"Stay strong for me, Mariposa, I don't exactly know what's going on, but everything will be fine again soon, I promise" She says, before giving me a tight hug. 

"Thanks mamá, I love you and we will talk over the phone, yeah?" I tell her while putting my phone in the back pocket of my jeans before returning the hug, and she nods while quickly placing a kiss on my temple, and then she walks towards my father and they all leave the house. 

As soon as the door closes I drop back down on the couch next to Lorenzo, and he looks at me with a curious expression plastered on his beautiful face. "What is it?" I ask, intrigued. 

He looks at me before answering. "Why does your mom call you Mariposa?" He asks, and I smile at the mention of the nickname my mom gave me when I was younger. 

"Because I had a pet butterfly when I was younger" I say, laughing at myself. "I forgot to feed it so it died and I cried for like 3 whole days, because I basically adored butterflies, so I guess that's why" Shaking my head in humiliation, I don't dare to look at him. 

"It's cute, You remind me off a butterfly too, your always smiling and everything" He says. He smiles, but his eyes are showing a hint of sadness. 

"My mom is amazing though, you should really get to know her, I'm sure she would love to be your kind off bonus mom" I tell him, nudging his leg with my foot, and his gaze snaps up to me. 

"You think so? I'm not exactly the type of son a mother wants" He says, shaking his head while pushing my foot away.

"Why not, I know you act all grumpy and intimidating but I know you have a heart somewhere underneath that hard exterior" I tell him.