14 || Junglebook

Valeria Navarro

The plane touches the ground with a soft shake and me and Lorenzo wait for the seatbelt sign to turn off.

As soon as the stewardess walks over towards us, she motions for us to stand up, take our bags and leave the plane. She doesn't say anything though. I think she might be jealous, she has barely spoken to me the whole ride.

Maybe she's jealous because she thinks I'm Lorenzo's girlfriend?

I slowly stand up and grab Lorenzo's hand, and then we both walk out of the plane together.
As soon as we are at the top of the stairs, my mouth falls agape in shock, this place is absolutely beautiful, and even though we are at the airport, The natures already showing.

"Come on" Lorenzo says to me. "we've got taxi standing just outside of the airport. It'll bring us straight to our villa"

"Allright" I think about something for a second and then I look up to his face, "but what about our luggage? Where is that going?"

"Our luggage will be picked up by a different driver and it will be brought straight to our Villa. You don't have to worry about that Mi amor." he says, gazing at me. He softly smiles before he starts to walk again, leading me towards the exit and outside of the airport.

I grow more and more curious by the second. There are beautiful trees everywhere and birds are chirping. The weather is perfectly warm. I'm not cold at all. I'm really curious to see what this place has to bring for us. Lorenzo said he has already stayed here before and I'm really curious what his places are here.

We get to the taxi pretty quickly and Lorenzo opens the door for me. once I get in and my seat-belt is secured, He also sits down and the taxi driver starts the car and drives away.

We drive out of the airport gates and onto a small road that is completely surrounded by green grass that's slowly moving in the soft summer Breeze, all kinds of beautiful and big green trees are closing off the side of the road, giving it the illusion like we're in the jungle. I slowly close my eyes while trying to relax.

"Okay, there is only five minutes of a ride left before we reach the villa" the taxi driver says as he points out a small road on the right of the vehicle, and I get snapped out of my daydream as I open my eyes again. "If you want to get into town, just follow this road, it's a ten minute walk or so"

I keep my eyes glued on the scenery around me. There are no signs to say where the villa is, but we keep driving, the landscape changing not even the slightest bit.. There are a couple of small houses on the left, but that's about it. My body starts to grow more and more excited as we drive further, and I look at Lorenzo to see if he feels the same way.

"It's so pretty around here, great people too" the taxi driver says, giving us some more information. He is obviously enjoying his job. He is extremely talkative, which is odd for a taxi driver. "This is the south of Costa Rica. you could go to town and see the water fountains, listen to the people making music and talk with them" The taxi driver turns into a small driveway, and we finally get a glance of the villa.

It's absolutely beautiful, It has a big garage door that slides up and there are roses close to the front door, I see something that looks like a pool and a beautiful lounge area.
The walls of the villa are beige, the window frames painted black, giving it a kind of old Italian style.

It's breathtaking.

The car comes to a stop and Lorenzo gets out and opens the door for me. "What are you waiting for? Go in" he's pointing at the door, holding a key in front of my face while grinning subtly.