History

The band was on a stint.

It started with a petty argument that spread quickly, a pretty nasty one. It was inevitable during their albums about their relationship troubles that someone would go too far or something being mass internalized for later. Something like that could've been fixed a bit easier, but that wasn't what had happened.

An article about Anna had been published by a reputable magazine about the trans culture feeding on stereotypes and confusing the minds of young children.

Hazel and Adam were ready to burn down someone's house; to which Steven said there was no reason violence was needed when there was a much easier way to do things; which caused Jacob to scoff and drop a beta joke at the wrong time; Jasmin thought everyone was being stupid about a meaningless article from some nobody; Connie agreed they should just drop it, making multiple accuse of her sitting on the fence; which pissed off Steven and got the men shouting at each other and the women annoyed and telling their men to lower their voices and so on and so forth.

There was a heavy almost-silence between many members of the group, complete with almost everything but a verbal "Hmph!" It was their first fight as a full band ever, and that put everyone on edge enough to make it drag out longer in fear of repeating the same mistakes that got them there in the first place. Meals went uncooked, dishes were washed passive aggressively, and every form of intimacy between any of them came to a screeching halt.

It ended with Steven being found lying at the bottom of the pool, still as night.

Jacob screamed, "Oh my god, someone help!" and Adam burst out a few seconds closely trailed by Jasmin and Connie.

"Steven!" Connie was about to charge in as well but Hazel grabbed her shoulder. "Let go!"

"He actually knows how to do it! Stay!"

Connie looked toward Adam, who sweatshirt and all dove in with the precision of an olympic swimmer to retrieve him.

That startled Steven who sat up fast as he erupted into pink. Water didn't slow him when he was having a trauma response, so Adam's head smacked against his mid-dive and Steven pushed off the bottom to bring the stunned man to the top over his shoulder.

By the time he had set him on his back onto the concrete next to the pool and pressed his ear to Adam's chest, Jacob was being consoled by his other tearful and confused friends.

"What happened?!" Connie cried.

Steven held up his hands in shocked confusion. "I- Adam fell into the pool!"

Adam sat up slowly and wiped his face off. "We thought you'd drowned." He was shaken, pale, and apparently nauseous. Water spilled from his mouth and Anna ran to press his head into her thigh and rub his back.

Jasmin and Alex were trying to get through to a now completely expressionless Jacob, his knees pulled up to his chest protectively as he half glared into the pool.

Steven couldn't get rid of his glow but he approached Jacob, recognizing the haunted look in his eyes. "You guys. Back off a little." They obeyed and gave him room to kneel. "Dude, I'm okay. I promise."

The man took a deep breath and forced a nod. "What the hell were you thinking, Universe?"

Steven grinned. "Why didn't you jump in? You hate me that much?"

"Can't swim," He chuckled.

"I have a song!" Anna blurted and soon eyes were turned on her. "I-I mean..." She rubbed Adam's head and frowned at the ground like she was the one in the wrong. "Sorry, I just... didn't know when to drop it and we were all here together again."