Ninjago city vs Ninja

Narrator: Dareth

Ninjago Crystalized: episode 7

Word count: 1,6k

Warning: Nothing

(In the courtroom, the ninja are awaiting trial.)

Cole: That was the fastest trial I ever saw in my life. How did they convict us so quickly?

Kai: I blame Dareth.

Dareth: Why me?

Kai: Because you're our lawyer, Dareth! We should have let Christina do this for us.

Christina: Not my fault that Dareth pleads himself so he wanted to do this.

Dareth: I told you guys. I took three weeks of law classes. Three weeks! And it was mostly how to get out of traffic tickets.

Morro: I doubt it.

Skylor: Maybe the judge will go easy on them.

Wu: He is nicknamed "Toughbutt".

Christina: I don't think that's a nickname. I think that's his last name.

Kai: Nobody's last name is "Toughbutt".

Guard: All rise. The honorable judge William Horace Toughbutt presiding.

Toughbutt: Please be seated. (He bangs his gavel.)

Dareth: See, I told you.

Toughbutt: In all my years as a judge, I have never seen such a callous disregard for public safety as I have in this case. The ninja put the entire city at risk by freeing the convicted criminal Aspheera, and then helping to arm her with the very weapon she used to attack this city. Do you have anything to say in your defense before I pass judgement?

Dareth: Uh, well, I'm not sure I would put it exactly like that.

Toughbutt: How would you put it exactly?

Dareth: Okay, yeah, that's what happened. But what about all the times the ninja helped this city? Like when they fought Garmadon? Or Unagami? Or the Quiet One? We have to take that into account too, don't we?

Toughbutt: I have. Which is the only reason I'm not sentencing them to life in prison. Instead, I'm sentencing them to five years in Kryptarium Prison! (He bangs his gavel again.)

(The decision causes an uproar among the observers.)

Dareth: Wait, what?

Christina: Thanks a lot, master of judgment.

Dareth: Sorry, Doll.

Morro: Don't call her that.

Toughbutt: Order! Order in the court! (He bangs his gavel as the ninja are taken away.)

Nya: Jay. Kai!

Christina: Cole. Kai. Bro!

Jay: Nya! Sis!

Kai: Take care of them Morro.

Cole: Why are you asking him?

Zane: It's because Morro knows Christina a lot.

Jay: Not now Zane.

Dareth: Your honor! Can't we work something out? Like community service! Or, or sweeping! Or some light trash pickup! (The door is slammed on him.)

Christina: Next time I'm doing it.

————————————————————————————————————————————————————