A sinister shadow

Narrator: Harumi

Ninjago Crystalized: episode 13

Word Count: 2,0k

Warning: Some Singing, bonus scenes and mild language.

Song name: Open up your eyes (Harumi version)

(Lloyd wakes up with vengestone chains around his hands seeing crystals around him)

Lloyd: Wha.. Where am I?

Harumi: why hello Lloyd. (Harumi walks to Lloyd without her kabuki mask and takes off her hood.) missed me?

Lloyd: I don't understand, how are you alive!? How the heck is that possible!?

Harumi: Quiet down, I know your surprised to see me, but I can't let you go and warn your friends yet.

Lloyd: Harumi, I thought you were crashed by that building, I saw it!

Harumi: maybe I can explain the whole story, if you stay quiet about this. (Lloyd looked at her and nods his head silently wanting to know how she returned) Good.

(A flashback started to happen when the screen goes to the central crystal)

Harumi (narrating): My name is Harumi, the Jade Princess. You may think you know my story, but you don't. As a child, the ninja were my heroes. Until the day the Great Devourer attacked Ninjago. Although my parents found a way to save me, they couldn't save themselves. The ninja, my beloved heroes, had failed me. Failed us all. I was adopted by the Emperor and Empress of Ninjago, making me a princess. But becoming royalty couldn't fill the emptiness in my heart. So I began plotting my revenge. I resurrected the greatest enemy the ninja have ever faced — Lord Garmadon. But the results went out of my control. The city was attacked yet again. I couldn't let another family be torn apart like mine was. That's how people think my story ended. But sometimes, an ending is merely a new beginning.

Past Crystal King: Harumi. Awaken. Hear me.

Past Harumi: Where — where am I?

Past Crystal King: You are with me. I have been watching you for some time, princess. Your skill and daring have impressed me. But you have chosen a poor champion.

Past Harumi: I don't understand.

Past Crystal King: You have placed your faith in Garmadon. A poor choice. He failed you, and you were abandoned again.

Past Harumi: Who are you? How do you know all this?

Past Crystal King: I am the Crystal King. And I have the power to restore you, if you will serve me.

Past Harumi: But I don't even know who you are.

Past Crystal King: A shame. I expected courage from you, Harumi, not reservation, not fear. But it seems I was wrong. Enjoy eternity in the Departed Realm.

Past Harumi: No, wait! I'll do it. I'll serve you.

Past Crystal King: Very well. Then I shall grant you life anew.

(Harumi wakes up in the rubble of a building, holding a crystal.)

Past Crystal King: Good. Now dig us out of here.

Past Harumi: (She tries and fails to lift the beam trapping her.) I — I don't have the strength.

Past Crystal King: You do now.

(The crystal glows, and so does Harumi's eyes. She pushes the beam off and emerges from the rubble.)

Past Harumi: Now what?