Christofern

Narrator: Garmadon

Ninjago Crystalized: episode 20.

Word count: 2,8k

Warning: nothing but singing

Song name: Do what you gotta do (Garmadon and Lloyd version.)

(At Vinny's apartment, Lloyd, Christina, Wu, and Garmadon face each other.)

Garmadon: Hmm.

Lloyd: That's all you have to say? Hmm?

Christina: Lloyd, calm down.

Garmadon: I was expecting a pizza. I don't suppose you're delivering for Buddy's Pizza?

Wu: We are not. (He and Lloyd enter the apartment.)

Garmadon: Wipe your feet. Vinny just vacuumed. Come on in Christina. (She enter the apartment along with Garmadon.)

Gayle: (On a TV.) As you can see below, the crystal army is beginning to reach the city limits, and not far behind them, the floating Crystal Island itself!

Garmadon: (He turns off the TV.) Now, what are you jabbering about?

Lloyd: What are you doing here? This makes no sense!

Wu: You've been here the whole time? In the middle of Ninjago City? Explain this, brother! Explain the newspaper clippings, and — and — and why you're here, and ... and all of it! (Garmadon walks to a plant and waters it.)

Garmadon: Hmm. I was hoping to avoid this conversation. But, since you're here, I may as well tell you the tale. It was after that squabble with the Omega Oni, after I saved all your lives.

Lloyd: Wait, what?

Christina: Lloyd.

(Flashbacks begin as Garmadon narrates.)

Garmadon (narrating): I didn't know what to do with myself. I was usually the one trying to conquer Ninjago, not save it. It was a ... peculiar feeling. I found myself confused. Why had I saved your lives? Did I actually care? I decided to do a little thinking. Take some ... me time. I had questions about the nature of good and evil. Heh, I knew all about evil, but little about good. And I was curious — did I have a capacity for good? Could I help people? All around me, I saw weak little humans trying their best to accomplish menial tasks. Like trimming bushes twig by twig, or trying to break ropes by pulling on them. It was madness, but I realized I was in a position to help them achieve their pointless goals.

Lloyd: Their goals aren't pointless! They were trying to — (Garmadon interrupted him with his burp.)

Christina: Seriously?

Garmadon: Sorry, do you intend to continue interrupting me, or may I finish?

Wu: Finish, please.

Past Hayley: It's Garmadon!

Past citizen: Run!

Garmadon (narrating): I was looking for answers, but didn't know where to look. I remembered the words of some wise people. Possibly the wisest I have ever met.

Lloyd: (Interrupted the story.) The First Spinjitzu Master?

Garmadon: No, I said some people. (He points at Christina)

Christina: Me?

Lloyd: Wait, what?

Christina: Oh I didn't tell you about this Lloyd.

Garmadon: But there's someone else that I remembered.

Wu: Who?

Garmadon (narrating): Vinny, of NGTV News. (A flashback started when on invasion of the Oni with Garmadon looking at pictures as Christina walks in.)