Christmas Special

🎀Christmas Special! ᯓ★

(because it was Christmas & New Year's aka Karma and Sawako's birthdays)

The city of Tokyo looked like a snow globe. Like a fairytale, the streets were filled with snow. Small snowmen were seen now and then, while footprints littered the ground.

(name)’s house is always warm and bubbly during the Christmas season. But, Christmas is long gone as today is New Year's Eve. Also the day of (name)’s birthday.

Korosensei mentioned something about a class party and a festival. Every year, (name) celebrated with her family. This year, she wasn't so sure if they would let her celebrate with friends.

For her parents, she got a pretty piece of jewelry for her mom and a stomach warmer for her dad. She prepared special, unique gifts for her close friends.

A knitted hat for Karma, a book with assassin techniques for Nagisa, a new baseball glove for Sugino, some handmade coasters for Yukiko, snacks for Kayano, and new beakers for Okuda.

She placed the gifts into small boxes, but left out Karma’s hat because it was too big.

She left her room to find a bigger box to use for his present, Unexpectedly, her dad walked by her room, looking for her. “(name)! Have you seen-” He stared at the hat on her drawer. She returned from the basement with a bigger box, but couldn’t seem to find the hat.

She shrugged it off and put on her apron. “That looks so cute on you!” Her mother exclaimed.

(name) peered her head inside of the room. “Sure does! It’s a perfect fit!” Her father pulled it onto his head, turning around to look at (name). “(name), thank you for the Christmas present!”
He wore a bright smile as the hat fit on his head perfectly.

(name) froze, turning awfully pale. She backed away in shock, regretting leaving the hat on her desk. “You remembered that I mentioned my head was getting cold…” He teared up in joy. “You do have a pretty high hairline, honey!” Her mother added.

“Yeah! This is so warm. I really wanted something like this. Thank you, (name)!” Tears streamed down her father’s cheeks in delight.

(name)’s eyes slightly seemed to darken. She forced a smile for her father. “I’m glad that…you like it so much.”

She gave her mother her exchange present, watching her enjoy it. ‘I couldn’t have given it to him, anyway.’

She spent the rest of her day with her parents. Icing the cake, baking sweet treats, and cooking with her mother. ‘Of course, it’s better that someone else can use it.’

She glanced at her father during dinner. ‘And he looks so happy.’ While eating and talking with her parents, she found herself constantly glancing at the clock. ‘Is everyone out having fun yet?’

“What’s wrong?” Her father asked, “Having fun?” She smiled and nodded, looking down. “Yes.”

Suddenly, the landline rang. “The phone?” “I’ll get it!” (name) volunteered, quickly getting out of her seat.

She picked up the phone and held it to her ear. “Hello! Hey, I can’t hear her. Hello?” “Kayano?” “(name)! We were wondering how you were doing. It’s not as much fun without you!” (name) was touched by Kayano’s words and tried to keep herself from crying.

“I’m passing the phone to Yukiko. Here.” There was some shuffling on the other side before Yukiko’s voice called to (name). “Hello, (name)!”

“Yukiko?” “Don’t you miss us? We thought we’d make sure you’re okay. I wish you could swing by, even for a little bit. I guess I’ll give you a Christmas gift, instead.” (name) waited for a few seconds, shuffling awkwardly.