┊: ❝ To My Past Self .

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

DISCLAIMER! I'M SO SORRY, IT'S SHORT- I HAVE A RUSSIAN COURSE IN HALF AN HOUR- ALSO, KISSING WARNING- (Why am I even putting this as a warning-? THIS IS ROMANCE Y'ALL- IF YOU DON'T LIKE THAT THEN WHY ARE YOU EVEN HERE-)

Characters: Fem!France and fem!Russia.

Time: Present day.

***

"What are you doing?" Her girlfriend, Russia, had asked as she sat down next to the shorter nation, staring into her eyes and letting her snap back into the present.

A faint breath of air blows by them, bringing with it the cool temperature of the evening. The vast field of grass stretches out to the horizon, the blades gently flowing in the breeze like an ocean. The sun has set many hours ago, and the stars and moon have begun their watch, casting bright light onto the area.

Two lovers sit beneath the tree, their heads tilted away from admiring the night sky.

A long hum left the Frenchie's mouth as she smiled at her presence. "Just thinking." Great response.

"About what?" The Slav's hands brushed against her hair, parting them from her eyes.

"Well, about all the things I'd say to my past self. .? I'd tell her to stop worrying about money, give her the support and hugs she needed when she was emotionally and physically upset, and tell her not to care about losing to that sea witch." A chuckle parted from her lips as she basically admitted everything to him.

"Oh."

"Why do you sound so. . .sad?" France asked as she let another laugh leave her lips again, staring at the taller nation, making eye contact with her.

"I just felt bad for a moment. I mean, you didn't deserve. .any of that. A revolution's tough. Austria was a brat for spending so much for her make-up, hairstyles, and outfits. And it's hard to make people happy as a leader." The Russian was right. The revolution would have never happened if she had still wealth and victory. She must admit, she was one of the most beautiful kingdoms between the 16th century and the 18th. Russia would also agree, as she was after all influenced by French culture right after first time visiting Paris in 1717.

"It's okay."

"What?"

"It doesn't matter anymore, it's all in the past. .not like we can do anything about it anyways." France laughed, looking at her, though, the taller nation's eyes were filled with pity. Something the French wanted to avoid. "Besides~ I like my new style after the revolution~ No more silly politeness and large gowns with tight corsets~"

"You're right," the Russian replied, "there's little we can do to alter the past. But, that's why we must make the most of the present moment."

She cupped the French nation's face in her hands, their gaze locking.

"What matters now, my love, is that we focus on one another's happiness and wellbeing." Russia leaned in to kiss France on her soft lips, letting her embrace wrap around the other nation and pull her close.

The kiss lingered as they continued to hold one another. France's warmth enveloped the Russian in her arms, and she was brought back to a more calm and peaceful headspace.

Her lips pulled away briefly, only for her to press them to the taller nation's neck and let out a contented sigh, before opening her mouth to question, "What would you do if you could tell your past self something?"

A hum left the Slavic nation's mouth as she thought for a moment, breaking eye contact and looking up at the sky.

"Maybe. .I'd tell myself to give Kingdom of France a hug."

***

***

A/N: *cough* yes past countries are the present- 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~