0.4 Act like you mean it.

Thank you all so much for reading so far.

"You need to step up your game" Theo said as he took a drag from his joint and turned his head towards Mattheo who was sketching in his journal "Mate, its been 3 days. I can't just ask the girl to jump into bed" He snapped which made Theo laugh "Please I've seen Astoria Greengrass get down on her knees for you in less than 30 seconds" Mattheo rolled his eyes and closed his journal.

"I need to act like I fucking mean it Theo. Plus I haven't seen her around today. Its Wednesday we don't have any classes together" Was Mattheos reply as he looked out into the sky.

Was he having seconds thoughts? Maybe, but was he going to stop? Probably not.

"Well, ask her out or something " Theo encouraged, mattheo looked at him with his eyebrows scrunched together "Why are you pushing this so much, do you want to have her? I agreed to the bet. I know what I'm doing" Mattheo snapped making Theo laugh "Bro, chill. I'm just saying"

"It's literally the 3rd of September I've until December. I've a plan, chill Theo. I know what I'm doing " Riddle said.

But...

We should ignore the fact that, Mattheo Riddle in fact, has no fucking clue what he's at.

It was a miserable day outside, the rain was pouring down in trenches and everyone seemed to stay in their dorms not bothering to go to class, Arabella wondered the halls, her body collided with someone as she nervously looked up, ready to apologise but smiled I stead when she noticed who it was.

"Hi Mattheo" She whispered as he smirked. "Well isn't it a gorgeous day outside" He joked making her raise an eyebrow "Are we really going to talk about the weather?" She asked with a laugh which made him chuckle.

"No, I suppose not. I was actually looking for you. I wanted to ask you something " He said, scratching the back of his neck to make him look like he was nervous . "Sure, is everything okay?" She asked. He let out a groan.

"I wanted to ask you out, maybe we could do something this weekend? Go and get dinner?" He said playing with his fingers now. She looked at him shocked, she bit her lip before letting out a sigh.

"Are you sure this is what you want? Or is this some sort of bet that you have going on with your friends?" She questioned. Mattheo could feel his heart drop to the bottom of his stomach.

"What?! No of course not! Why would you think that?" He said defensively, honestly he should win a fucking Oscar for the lies that were coming out of his mouth. She laughed but there was no humour behind it. It was almost pitiful.

"Because look at me Mattheo, you could ask out any girl that you want. Why me?" She asked sadly. Any other time he might of felt bad for what he was doing. But not now.

"I am looking at you, you're beutiful!" He lied easily. He noticed a small blush on her face. "I'll think about it okay?" She said making him nod "at least its not a flat out no" He said with a smile and watched as she smiled softly at him before walking around him amd disappearing out of his view.

~~~

"So she said no?" Theo asked him as the two of them walked to class. Muggle studies, the last class of the day before they get 2 days off to do whatever they want. Mattheo didn't care that he had a mountain of homework to do before Monday. He'll probably pay some first year to do it for him.

"She said that she'll think about it. I need to buy her fucking flowers or something" He mumbled. Theo hit his shoulder as he turned forward and noticed Arabella walking towards him. He put on the biggest fake smile he could muster and waved to her. "Hi" He said. Theo rolled his eyes and walked away from the two of them,'Why does she have to look like that ' was his only thoughts before walking away from his best friend and her...the lo.."Nice to see you too Theodore " She shouted, she got a middle finger in return, Mattheo watched the interaction with interest.

"What's that about?" He asked. She sighed. "It's not my story to tell, if he wants he can tell you himself" She said. Mattheo nodded. He was definitely going to find out what that was about.

"So, Is Saturday is still okay?" She asked. He looked confused for a second before he nodded "Wait, you agree to go out with me?" He asked making her nod. "Sure. But let's not call it a date? Just two friends hanging out?" She asked. Mattheo bit the inside of his cheek and nodded "I can live with that" She nodded her head.

"I'll be in the Library Saturday, just come find me when you're ready and then we can go" She said with a smile "I have to go ive Herbology" She said, Mattheo groaned "I've muggle studies " She laughed at the defeat in his voice.

"Sit in the back, that way no one will ask you a question" She said with a wink before walking away from him. He caught up to his best friend that was leaning against the wall throwing sticks at first years with a smirk on his face.

"Dude, what the fuck was that with you and her" Mattheo demanded. Theo turned to him "mind your business on that one Riddle" Theodore snapped. Mattheo decided not to push for the time being. He knew his best friend. He would talk about it when he was ready.

What's the story behind Arabella and Theodore huh?