t e n

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

The following day turned out to be quite challenging for Soobin as his mother persistently insisted on knowing more about the guy he was on a date with and expressed a strong desire to meet him. Every opportunity she got, she would bring up the topic. This topic seemed to consume her thoughts as she would bring it up in every conversation she had with Soobin.

The situation was getting even worse, Beomgyu had become relentless in his attempts to call and constantly discuss with Soobin about ways to separate Yeonjun and Kara. Frankly, Soobin was beginning to feel increasingly irritated by the number of times Beomgyu would give him ideas on how to break the couple apart. Deep down, Soobin couldn't bring himself to acknowledge it, but he was secretly starting to believe that perhaps Yeonjun wasn't such a terrible match for Kara after all.

Taehyun also tried to reason with Beomgyu and encourage him to let go of Kara, but Beomgyu remained stubborn and refused to heed his advice. Love just makes you dumb.

+×+

As Soobin slowly opened his eyes and groggily made his way downstairs, he immediately noticed Kara's presence in the kitchen. However, something seemed off. Her expression was pained, and it was evident that she was hurt. No longer able to ignore his concern, Soobin approached her without any hesitation, determined to find out what was troubling her.

But before he could even utter a word, his attention was diverted to a figure, making their way towards Kara. To his surprise, it was Yeonjun, who seemed to be tending to Kara's injured finger. Carefully, he applied a bandaid while repeatedly asking if she was alright.

"Are you sure you're okay, Kara?" Yeonjun asked once more.

Kara laughed, "Yes, Yeonjun, I'm okay."

Soobin observed the two individuals, particularly focusing on Yeonjun. The way Yeonjun looked after his sister sparked a certain emotion within Soobin, although it made him feel uneasy. It was as if he couldn't bear to witness any more of it. Nevertheless, he chose to leave and go back to his own room. Perhaps Yeonjun was a good match for Kara.

But why did the thought of that make him feel so weird?

When Soobin returned to his bed and settled down, his phone suddenly rang, and upon checking the caller ID, he discovered it was none other than Beomgyu. At this point, Soobin shouldn't even be fazed by such calls anymore. He gets calls from Beomgyu at least three times a day.

Soobin hesitated for a moment, his gaze fixed on his incessantly ringing phone. Contemplating whether it was even worth his time to pick up the call, he pondered over the potential consequences of his decision. Eventually, however, he did answer it.

"Yah! Choi Soobin! Why didn't you answer me faster?!" Beomgyu yelled.

Soobin sighs, "What do you want?"

"Anyways, I have another idea-" Beomgyu was cut off.

"Gyu, stop with trying to break them up! The plans we tried all failed. Do you wanna know why? It's because Yeonjun is actually good for Kara."
Soobin explained.

"What? Are you out of your mind?"

"No gyu, you are. This was a childish thing to do in the first place. We made a plan just so they could break up. Don't you think that makes us a bit selfish?"