A SLOW FEBRUARY

CHAPTER TWENTY EIGHT/TWELVE
A SLOW FEBRUARY (ALTERNATE TITLE: LOVE IS IN THE AIR)

CHAPTER TWENTY EIGHT/TWELVEA SLOW FEBRUARY (ALTERNATE TITLE: LOVE IS IN THE AIR)

big star | LORDE
"everyone knows
that you're too good for me,
don't they?"

Wednesday the first of February brought a chill that rattled throughout the whole castle. The beginning of term had been slow, as per usual and the light layer of snow remained untouched as the students refused to leave the confines of the indoors. Cora Holloway had similarly been spending pretty much all of her time in the Slytherin common room, perched at her little desk in the corner.

Whether she was completing her homework, working on quidditch plays or writing letters to her various companions remained at the whim of whatever she felt was necessary that day. But with less than six months until she graduated, she had decided that she should enjoy the four walls of her common room, despite most of her friends being unable to join her.

The common room had an air of calmness. An odd sense of cozy, despite the dark furniture and lack of natural light. But what Cora particularly enjoyed observing was how the tension that most Slytherin's held with themselves or those around them dissipated almost instantaneously the second the stone wall opened for them. She was guilty of this herself, finding almost all of her housemates especially more tolerable in the confines of her safe space.

She had felt an overwhelmingly large spectrum of emotions towards her common room in the past 2 years. But she was glad she could heal that relationship before she left it for the last time.

"Wrote your little boyfriend a letter huh?"

That was how she found herself surrounded Cassius Warrington, and god forbid Graham Montague. It was the latter that had taken it upon himself to bully her about her new relationship any chance he could. This time his attention was on the envelope with his name on it.

"He's not my little boyfriend. He is my boyfriend." (Every time she said those words her heart fluttered)

Cora didn't look up at the two boys who were snickering like little children, choosing to keep her eyes on her astronomy quiz cards. She had a test tomorrow, and her company was not helping her revise at all.

"Yeah...he's like up three flights of stairs why would you not just go see him?" Montague's dull voice matched his face. It was slightly asymmetrical, and his brown eyes were so dark they were almost black. His other features blended into something she could only describe as square, which matched his beefy body. But as she finally looked up from her homework with a huff she could see why so many of her peers were attracted to him despite his absolutely daft nature.

It was his shit eating grin.

"He's got a point C."

It was Cassius's input that made her put down her quill. "Firstly it is none of your business, but secondly we are both quite busy at the moment so, no, I cannot just go upstairs to visit him." Despite having seen him only the night prior at a DA meeting, Cora missed her boyfriend. Their lives had become suddenly insanely busy, and the two's paths crossed less than they would have liked. Especially as he and George got closer to their goal of opening a joke store, and as Cora threw herself into her school work and night time job as a teacher to distract her from everything going on.