HOME

CHAPTER SIXTEEN
HOME (ALTERNATE TITLE: WHAT TIME IS IT? SUMMER TIME!)

freedom | ANTHONY RAMOS"what does freedom really mean?'cause what i've been sold, ain't what i believe"

"what does freedom really mean?
'cause what i've been sold,
ain't what i believe"

The tone around Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry had turned from sombre to hopeful as the students packed their things and prepared to return home. Everybody was taking the time to say goodbye to their friends, teachers and school work, ready to embrace the summer.

The students were gathered in the courtyard, using the time to say goodbye to the friends they may not see until the start of the next school year. From afar she spotted Fleur Delacour and her sister, Cora immediately running up as to not miss her.

She barely even caught her attention before wrapping her up in a large hug. "Oh, Cora!" The girl happily accepted the hug. 

"I just wanted to see you before you left." The brunette sent the blonde a light smile. "We went through this past year together. I'm only ever a letter away."

Fleur was the one this time who initiated the hug, bringing the girl into her arms again. "I'll see you soon." As they parted a new understanding between the two was formed. They were part of the few people who had lived through the Triwizard Tournament, and that meant something special.

She continued on her journey, searching the crowd for Cassius. As she had been avoiding most people like the plague, she hadn't really seen him in the past week. She wanted to see him before they left. She had been an important part of her life this year and she wanted to make sure that it would stay that way during their final year.

She spotted him in the corner of the courtyard talking with Marcus Flint. Not a weird combination but one that did make her raise her eyebrows. As she approached the duo she saw Cassius's eyes light up, which made her heart warm. "Cora! How are you feeling?"

He brought her into a hug as she shrugged. "I'm surviving." He sent her a sad smile as he placed his hands onto her cheeks.

"And that's okay." She sighed in relief, thankful he accepted her answer. "I expect letters these holidays Holloway. And a lot of them!"

"I pinkie promise." Their pinkies interlocked, a promise of their friendship. A promise they would stay in touch. She turned to Marcus who had been awkwardly standing to the side, trying not to encroach on their moment. "Have a good holidays Flint."

He gave her a nod of respect, one that she returned even as the faces of his parents flashed through her mind. "You too Holloway. It's your job to keep the quidditch team in line since I won't be around next year." She almost forgot that this year was the last for some.

"I'll make you proud captain." She saluted him, and they exchanged smiles. It would be weird attending the school year without his brutish face hanging around. She would miss his authority and quidditch skills. She would miss him, because she knew as soon as he returned home he would be drafted into Lord Voldemort's ranks. And there was nothing anybody could do about it.