RITA FREAKING SKEETER

CHAPTER SIX
RITA FREAKING SKEETER (ALTERNATE TITLE: REMIND ME TO NEVER BECOME A JOURNALIST)

CHAPTER SIXRITA FREAKING SKEETER (ALTERNATE TITLE: REMIND ME TO NEVER BECOME A JOURNALIST)

green light | LORDE
"all those rumors,
they have big teeth,
hope they bite you"

There was many reasons why Cora absolutely loved herbology. From the sun filtering though the glass walls to the smell of raindrops that filled the greenhouse. How Professor Sprout pottered around with a warm smile but frantic energy. The fact that at the NEWT level the class was filled with students who wanted to be there, creating a nice and calm air.

Like every other class no one had been assigned seats but everyone still sat in the same position every lesson. Cora sat with Fred at the very end of the long table, George and Amelia occupying the space across from them. Finding it much easier to talk across from another in a little square than in a line.

The greenhouse had very good acoustics meaning that you had no need shout to be heard over the chatter of a class, but if a private conversation was happening no one else would be able to hear. She liked it that way, she didn't enjoy people listening in.

It was second period Wednesday and Cora was falling asleep in her chair. Not only was she up until 3 in the morning, her astronomy lesson going overtime. But the class was assigned boring textbook work, things she had already read through earlier in the year.

Her head was resting on her hand lazily as she stared at Fred who was recounting a story about something. She felt bad for tunning him out but she was simply too tired to listen. She rolled her head to gaze at Amelia and George who were whispering into each others ears and giggling occasionally. Looking completely enamoured by the other.

"They should just pash already." She turned back to Fred who had taken notice of what she was looking at. She giggled at his words even though they were exactly the same as what she was thinking. She just didn't say it aloud.

She turned to stare at them, leaning in closer to Fred as he did the same. "It would really help the annoying sexual tension that surrounds them like a cloud." She huffed and shook her head in a playful manner to really convey her feelings. "But then again it could possibly get worse if that happened, I read that you crave what you have the most."

She felt Fred shudder beside her. "No thank you, can you imagine if they started making out all the time? Bloody traumatising that would be." The two looked across the table as George and Amelia were still caught up in their own little world. But suddenly Amelia had turned her head and furrowed her eyebrows at their stares.

Fred and Cora whipped their heads to face each other, eyes wide and trying to keep a straight face before laughing hard. She could feel Amelia's eyes on her but she kept hers trained on Fred. Until she heard her name being called from the front of the classroom.