LIONS AND TIGERS AND DRAGONS OH MY!

CHAPTER EIGHT
LIONS AND TIGERS AND DRAGONS OH MY! (ALTERNATE TITLE: STUPID BLOODY TOURNAMENT PART 2)

moderation  | FLORENCE + THE MACHINE  "can't hold it back, i can't take the tensionoh, i'm trying to be good"

moderation | FLORENCE + THE MACHINE
"can't hold it back,
i can't take the tension
oh, i'm trying to be good"

It was the 24th of November, the day of the first task and Cora had no way to express how much fear she was feeling. She was in simple terms, freaking out. She was in a daze, pilot mode, as she made her way to the Great Hall for breakfast.

People stopped her at about every step she took. Each fake congratulations made her want to throw up a little. She had never been more nervous in her life. But she continued to walk with elegance, holding her head high and thanking everyone who wished her luck graciously.

She still had about four more hallways to travel down when Dominque came and approached her. "Cora!" The French girl threw her into a tight hug, one which would normally make Cora feel extremely uncomfortable. But it was actually kind of comforting. "I wish you so much luck today! I know you will do wonderfully!"

Cora smiled genuinely, moving closer and linking their arms together. Before whispering in her ear. "Will you please do me a favour and accompany me to the Great Hall? I just don't think I am quite up to being bombarded with good luck this early in the morning. I don't think they will bother me as much if I am occupied."

Dominique giggled. "Of course, of course! We have much to catch up on anyway!." The girls continued on their way, chattering mindlessly. "See I have been meaning to speak to you more but it's just been so busy! With you preparing and me having so many British boys to flirt with there's been no time!" Her comment actually managed to make Cora laugh as she threw in a sneaky wink.

"And you didn't hear this from me as the Beauxbaton's girls would have my head! But I was cornered and told not to speak to you! I told them, rightly so, to politely f-themselves but I guess they did scare me a tad..." Cora turned to her friend and gasped putting her free hand on her cheek.

"Dominique!" She tutted at her. "We were raised with more class than that, your mother would be appalled!" Taking the piss was distracting her from the first task. Making the bubble in her stomach turn to a light ache.

The mention of their childhood together made Dominique brighten up. "Oh my! Remember our etiquette classes! We always used to fight over who got to use the blue teacup! Oh and then we would have competitions to see who could pull the funniest face without getting caught by my Grandmother!"

They giggled into each other, ignoring the stares of the other students. "The profanities she yelled when she finally caught you! I honestly thought she was going to have a heart attack!"

Dominique was obviously going to continue but the two girls had reached the entrance to the great hall, and it was the natural time to part ways. With a tight hug and quiet words of reassurance Dominque made her way to the Ravenclaw table, Cora herself heading to the Gryffindor one.