THE FINISH LINE

CHAPTER FOURTEEN
THE FINISH LINE (ALTERNATE TITLE: WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK?)

the end of love | FLORENCE + THE MACHINE"it was so far to fall,but it didn't hurt at all"

the end of love FLORENCE + THE MACHINE
"it was so far to fall,
but it didn't hurt at all"

The darkness was overwhelming, and the silence was unbearable. Cora Holloway could barely see five feet in front of her. The word lost was a giant understatement. Cora could barely even tell which way was up and which was down. She decided that with every junction she would go left, left and then right. She hoped that having some sort of order would keep her brain from losing it.

Her breaths were vital. Every breath was in for 3 counts, out for 6. That way she could calm her nerves and stop herself from hyperventilating. These two factors helped a lot.

She tried to keep a pace, not too fast as to tire herself out. But she couldn't be too slow. She still wanted to reach the cup before the other champions.

Cora was unsure of how long she had been in the maze; it could've been anywhere from hours to fifteen minutes. The moon was shielded by clouds, meaning she couldn't use it to tell the time. If only she had worn a watch (in hindsight that was a stupid thought, no way they would have let her wear one).

She sighed as she found herself at a T junction, it was time to turn left. But just as she was about to go on her merry way, a scream rang through the air. A scream that could only belong to one Fleur Delacour (unless one of the boys had a really feminine scream but that was besides the point). Something in her heart told her to go right, so she did.

She ran through the maze, just taking every turn her mind told her to. That is until a bright red light lit up the night sky, stopping her dead in her tracks. She didn't even know what she was doing, where she was running. Was she running to save Fleur? Or was she running to win?

The thoughts were blown out of her head as a gust of wind blew through the maze, and the walls began to close, to push her in a certain direction. Almost as if they were tired of this waiting game. She ran, as fast as she had ever run. Cursing her mother and father for birthing her with such short legs.

When the maze was finally satisfied it was once again deadly quiet. She stopped, taking a moment to regain her bearings, before turning yet another godforsaken corner. The scene before her was baffling. Harry and Cedric fighting over the limp body of Viktor Krum. She didn't know how this had occurred, but she could only imagine.

This was the end; this was the race to the finish line. "Boys! Cut it out!" Before they had time to even comprehend her words, she was flying past them, victory in her eyes. She didn't know how but she knew where to go. Within seconds there was a light at the end of a hallway. This was it. She could hear the boys pushing and shoving behind her. But it was no distraction. The only thing on her mind was getting to that cup.