DATES, DANCES AND DRESS ROBES

CHAPTER NINE
DATES, DANCES AND DRESS ROBES (ALTERNATE TITLE: EVERYONE PLEASE SHUT UP ABOUT THE YULE BALL?)

if i'm being honest  | DODIE"could you love this?will this one be right?cause if i'm being honest, i'm hoping it might"

if i'm being honest | DODIE
"could you love this?
will this one be right?
cause if i'm being honest, i'm hoping it might"

It had been a couple days since the first task – four to be exact, and the high that she had been riding was currently, well nowhere to be found.

It was a Sunday morning and Cora found herself sitting at the Gryffindor table for breakfast like she normally did. Normally this would brighten her mood. Because while she had never ever been a morning person, spending it with people she actually liked made it easier to swallow.

Except this particular morning Angelina Johnson decided to grace Cora and her friends with her presence. Amelia had fallen sick and had strict orders to swaddle herself up in her dorm for at least two days. That left an empty seat opposite her and beside Fred.

Cora always sat in the middle of George and Lee who liked to steal (willingly receive) her Daily Profit and make the funniest answers to the quiz on page nine. Whoever made Cora laugh the most got nothing except bragging rights till the next day. Amelia always sat with Fred on the other side. Helping him with his homework or business ideas.

But since the bubbly blonde had taken leave Angelina found it upon herself to take the seat.

Now it wasn't like Cora didn't like Angelina. Nothing of the sorts, she thought she was actually quite cool. A strong and confident girl like herself. But Cora liked her friends and her routine and someone coming in and changing that didn't necessarily sit well.

It didn't help that she was sitting there blatantly flirting with Fred. That didn't help her case one bit.

Obviously Cora felt romantic feelings towards Fred, anyone with eyes could see that. Well she hoped she was pretty subtle about it, but the comments people made implied otherwise. She had always been in tune with her emotions and while they were all felt on the inside she has also never been one to outwardly display them.

"So, do any of you have a date to the Yule Ball yet?" Cora was never ever jealous, but suddenly she felt the need to rip out the eyelashes she was so obviously batting.

While the question was really only directed at Fred, George answered, "Nope! Plus the bloody thing is still a month away. I don't think I need to worry about embarrassing myself in front of a girl quite this soon."

Cora stifled a laugh, but reached over and ruffled his hair anyway. "Oh Georgie, you need some more confidence! Girls will be rushing to you when they see you in some fancy dress robes." She leaned in closer to his ear to whisper. "Especially a certain blonde."