nine

annabelle laughed alongside alexis as she helped the woman garden. even though alexis was a few years older than her though the two had a ton in common. being around alexis had made the last few days she'd been here easier to handle, easier to adjust. plus the time they spent together was while doing what she loved most which was gardening. the two settled down and continued their work. "how are you holding up? being here."

"i'm doing okay, i'm scared but.." annabelle trailed off and stared down at the soil on her gloves. "negan makes me feel safe.."

the adjustment to being here, most importantly leaving her home behind had been hard on her these last few days. though negan has made every effort imaginable to make things easier for her, nothing really took away the anxiety of such a big change. his ex 'wives' gave her dirty looks anytime she went to the common area. the men looked at her as if she were walking around naked. it was uncomfortable.

but negan. negan made it all so much better, so worth it.

that was when alexis tensed a little. "how? he- he's such a bad man."

"i know of the things he's done, the things he does. but think what this place would be if he didn't keep people in line." annabelle shrugged. "i'm not saying it's okay, or that any of it's right. but what in this world is right anymore?"

"he did get rid of his wives for you so.. maybe i can't pretend to know who he really is." alexis shrugged.

that was when their conversation was interrupted by footsteps walking toward them. a laugh came from the man stood behind her. "how many times have i told you that you're not supposed to work?"

annabelle turned to negan with a smile. "but it's not work if i enjoy it, right?"

"i suppose not," negan chuckled and glanced over to alexis who looked nervous in his presence. "come in and get cleaned up, i have a little surprise for you."

"yes sir." annabelle grinned at him just to see that flicker in his eyes. something about her calling him sir created a fire in his body. but what turned him on the most was seeing the look she'd give him. she knew what she was doing to him and she loved it.

negan leaned down with his lips to her ear. "i have an outfit picked out for you in your room, put it on for me, please."

annabelle fought a moan just from the sensation of him so close to her, something he picked up on. he grinned and stood but up before walking away with lucile on his shoulder and a grin on his face. when negan was out of sight annabelle snapped out of her trance and looked to alexis who smirked at her.

"shut up," annabelle giggled as she tossed a little handful of soil of her.

alexis quickly stood up and pulled off her gloves before she grabbed annabelle's hands pulling her up to her feet. "come on, let's go get you ready."

the two laughed like children as they ran inside and up to annabelle's room. negan respected her wish to take things slow so gave annabelle her own room. it was on a secure block of the second floor. the two woman entered her room to see a beautiful auburn colored dress hung up by the window. she smiled to herself before hopping into the shower while alexis prepared the makeup.

when she exited her bathroom she saw alexis looking through eyeshadow pallets. "i don't wear makeup."

"well you are today," alexis laughed. "come on, he got you a beautiful dress and is going to treat you tonight. you gotta let me do a little bit."

"fine," annabelle groaned jokingly. after putting on her dress she sat down and talked with alexis as she applied some eyeshadow and mascara to her eyes.