twelve

annabelle stared out the window as trees and grass outside flew by. it was a really nice day out today, thought they'd got a late start. she was so excited that negan agreed to let her come, though he set very strict rules for her before they had even left the sanctuary this afternoon. she didn't care about any of that, about being on a tight rope. she was just happy that negan listened to her about wanting to come out with them. "what are you thinking about?"

"nothing," she glanced over to him with a smile. a smile that he couldn't get enough of. "just happy to be here, happy you let me come."

"like you said princess, you're not a prisoner." negan chuckled. he reached over and placed his hand over her significantly smaller one. "i just really need you to stay very close to me, okay baby?"

"yes sir," she gave him an innocent glance. negan immediately tensed in attempt to fight the sexual frustration she constantly sent him in. though he couldn't complain, it made him want her even more. negans hand shifted from her hand onto her lap where he gave her bare thigh a squeeze, a good day for her to wear shorts.

she let out a soft moan quickly followed with her face flushing with blush. "you know what you do to me."

"i know, that's the fun." she giggled.

negan kept his hand on her thigh, softly dragging his fingers up and down. it was another 30 minutes, roughly an hour from the sanctuary before they pulled into a large mall like building. the two exited and negan walked over to her and pushed some hair behind her ear. "remember the rules we talked about before we left, okay? i need you to carry this as well."

negan pulled out a knife with a holster and attached it to her belt. "stay right here with me princess."

annabelle walked aside negan while his men lead the way, clearing any door they walked by. she really was scared, she couldn't deny that. but having negan aside her made her feel so secure. she slipped her hand into his as they walked. negan glanced over to her and noticed the uncertain look on her face. "you okay?"

"yeah, just a little nervous." annabelle admitted.

"nothing to worry about when you're with me princess. if it's too much i can take you back to the truck-" negan began though she cut him off.

"no, no it's okay." she insisted. negan laughed and gave a soft squeeze to her hand as they continued to walk. "but can we go into one of those clothing stores? i can use some clothes.."

"of course." negan promised. that was when they heard a bang before a few groans. negan and anna stopped in their tracks as well as the four men that lead them through. she immediately looked over to negan who released her hand and drew his knife.

"move behind me." negan ordered and she did exactly that.

about 6 walkers exited from a shop doorway ahead of them. as the walkers approached the men ahead of them with negan included took them out one by one while annabelle stood in the back. negan laughed as the last one dropped and placed his knife back into his holster as he turned back to anna who stood anxiously. "don't worry beautiful, it's all good."

negan held out his hand which she quickly took and shifted closer to him. "let's go get your clothes, okay?" he insisted after seeing how scared she'd got.

negan instructed two of the men to go retrieve what they originally came for while the other two were to stay with them and guard while annabelle shopped around. as they walked into a store an overwhelming feeling came over her. for a second it almost felt as if things were back to normal. she giggled as negan picked up a kids dress and held it to his chest. "you think this would make me look fat?"