Forgotten

Miranda woke up to bright lights and a sore body. She tried to focus her vision to see what was going on. She saw people standing around talking. Well one of them was yelling. She didn't who they were. Then it dawned on her. She couldn't even hear them. The circumstances that led her here escaped her mind leaving her very confused. What happened? Who are these people? Where was she? More importantly, who was she? She tried to sit up and look around but a sharp pain in her chest stopped her. She tried to focus on the people again. Two men and a woman. She looked around the room. A hospital. Finally, her vision fully cleared and she was able to hear what they were saying. 

"This damn hospital" The man yelled

"Ben you need to calm down" The other man tried to calm him down. Ben, she thought to herself. The man was vaguely familiar to me.

"If she doesn't wake up from this. Just now Grey Sloan can look for a lawsuit" He clenched his teeth

"For what" The woman spoke up "Are you alleging malpractice"

"No, I'm saying that this hospital worked my wife to near death" He yelled "and if she dies. Then this hospital will pay"
His wife she thought. She was married to him. She studied him. Unfortunately, nothing about him was familiar. She went to speak but her throat was dry and her voice was raspy.

"What happened"

"Miranda" Ben sat down next to her bed "Thank God"

"What happened" She repeated

"You had a heart attack" The woman approached her

"A heart attack" Miranda repeated in disbelief "Where am I"

"Grey Sloan" Ben rubbed her hand "How do you feel"

"Sore" She groaned

"You had surgery" He nodded "A CABG"

"A what" She furrowed her eyebrows

"You don't know what a CABG is" The woman asked

"No, I don't know what that is" She shook her head "Should I"

"Years of medical school and years residency would say yes" The older man crossed his arms

"What's happening" Ben looked at him

"Do you know us?" The woman asked

"Doctors I assume"

"Miranda, it's me. Richard Webber"

"I'm assuming I'm Miranda then"

"What happened to my wife Richard" Ben stood up

"Warren we will figure this out" Richard went to comfort him but Ben pushed his hand away "Don't. My wife doesn't know her name"

"I don't recall being your wife either" She sighed.

"What" He looked at her "You don't even remember me"

"No, I'm sorry"

"It's me, Benjamin. Your husband. We have been married for over a decade. We have a son. Well, he's your son but I love him like he's my own. His name is William. We call him Tuck" Ben's voice conveyed his worry. She felt sad because she didn't have a clue what he was talking about. She didn't respond to him and he knew she didn't know what he was talking about.

"I'm sorry" She sighed

"Don't be" He rubbed her hand "It's okay. We'll figure out how to fix this. Probably just acute amnesia or something. It'll go away. We'll get Neuro in here"

"Already on it" Richard nodded

"Dr. Bailey it's me Dr. Pierce" Maggie semi-yelled very slowly

"I can hear" Miranda looked at her