Time Travel

Miranda Bailey or Mandy as she was affectionately called was sitting in a tree reading a book when something strange started to happen. Someone just appeared in front of her. The person removed their helmet and shook their hair out. Mandy could now see it was a woman.
She looked oddly familiar but considering this woman just appeared out of a flash of light and was wearing some sort of jumpsuit she was very wary of her. The woman looked around as if she was looking for someone. Mandy stayed quiet and watched the woman.

"I've arrived" She talked into something on her wrist. Mandy wondered what it was. The woman looked around some more and smiled "Traveling to the past is possible"
No, it's not Mandy thought to herself. You can only go forward not backwards. She wanted to climb down and talk to the strange woman but she knew better.

"Great, now come back" A voice came from the thing in her wrist

"Well, I would like to explore some"

"Chief respectfully. This mission was purely experimental. We aren't sure how sustained the portal would be. You must come back down or risk being lost in the past" The voice spoke with worry. Mandy was wondering what she was witnessing. The mission? She thought to herself. Portal? It was like she stepped foot in a sci-fi movie.

"The reader says it is stable. I will stay for a bit mission control" She responded

"Standing by" The voice responded
She put her arm down and sat her helmet on the ground. She looked down at her feet at the leaves under her boots. She closed her eyes and listened to the crunch. When she raised her head Mandy was worried she would be spotted but the woman's eyes were closed.
She inched a little further on the branch to look closer but lost her balance and fell off the branch. She anticipated hitting the ground but the woman caught her and stood her up. The woman looked at her with an intense stare. She was grateful for the closer look at the strange woman. Her jumpsuit was grey and black with patches on the sleeves. She didn't know what the symbols meant. She noticed a utility belt across the woman's waist. She wondered what each tool was. One was unmistakable. It was a gun of sorts. She looked at the front of the jumpsuit. On one side were the letters EBI and the other side held another patch. Chief M. Bailey. Under that were the words. Head Technician and Founder.

"M. Bailey" She whispered

"Chief Miranda Bailey. Head Technician and founder of Elena Bailey Industries" The woman nodded "You must be little Mandy Bailey"

"Wait" She was very confused

"This must be very confusing" Miranda laughed

"You're Miranda Bailey" Mandy stammered "Is this a joke"

"No, it is not. I am you from the future"

"But traveling to the past isn't possible"

"Looks like I made it possible" Miranda laughed. She pushed the button on the thing on her wrist. Uhh mission control"

"Yes chief"

"Little me has made contact"

"Enabling the timeline scanner"

"This is so sci-fi" Mandy laughed. She couldn't believe what was happening in front of her "Wait I thought versions of yourself shouldn't interact"

"That's why we're scanning the timeline"

"It appears that there are some anomalies. You may want to get out of there now and say nothing else to her"

"Noted" She put her arm down and leaned down to grab her helmet

"Wait you're leaving" Mandy asked her

"I don't want to risk the timeline" She nodded "It was nice to come back here. I miss being a child and climbing trees to read" She chuckled